Fishing Tackle Store Manager Needed (New Store On The Water!)

Hey there!

Do you have experience in fishing tackle retail or retail store management? Then maybe you can come work with us here at Salt Strong/Fish Strong!

Who are we?

Salt Strong is the largest and fastest-growing saltwater fishing club in America. We help saltwater anglers catch more fish (in less time) and save money on their fishing tackle.

We’ve had an online tackle store for a few years (www.fishstrong.com) and we’re now opening our first-ever brick & mortar retail store on a popular lake in Winter Haven, Florida.

Yes, it’s actually on the lake with its own boat ramp, dock, area to demo rods, and more!

Here’s a view of the new tackle store and warehouse from the end of the dock

If you love fishing and retail, we’d love to chat with you.

Main Responsibility:

• Help customers select appropriate tackle, reels, rods, lures, and more
  • In charge of customer service and checkout operation
  • Responsible for stocking and product placement
  • Managing retail associates to help run the store

Qualifications:

• The ideal candidate would have experience in the retail space (either as a manager, associate manager, or similar role)
  • Candidate must be knowledgeable about saltwater fishing tackle and inshore saltwater fishing in general
  • Candidates must reside near Winter Haven, Florida be immediately available to work in a full-time permanent position
  • Candidate must be able to work in a team environment and possess creativity and a positive, can-do attitude
  • Has read over the Salt Strong Mission and fully agrees with our Values and Mission statement (you can see them all here)

Location & Hours:

• This position is located in Winter Haven, Florida at our new headquarters
  • The hours for this position are Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm.

Start Date:

• ASAP

Pay:

• Salary Position & Competitive Pay

How to Apply:

If you are interested in growing with our great company, send an email to carrol@saltstrong.com  with the subject line “I’m your tackle store manager!” along with your resume.

Note: We will contact you after we have a week or two to review all resumes. All inquiries, emails, and resumes will remain 100% CONFIDENTIAL

P.S. – If you know of any friends or family members that might be a fit for this role, please forward this on to them.

Wyatt Gant

Hi. I’ve got over 15 years corporate retail experience and have been an avid inshore fisherman on the east central coast all my life. It would be quite the drive from Edgewater, but definitely doable. I’m putting together my resume now as I’ve been out of management a few years.

Kathy Tripp

I do not have tackle experience, but I do have 20 years of restaurant management. I am willing to learn, if you are willing to train. I would give 100%, and be a great asset to your team.

Carrol Bennett
Reply to  Kathy Tripp

Thank you for your interest Kathy! Email me your resume and information to carrol@saltstrong.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Mike Charbeneau

Things are certainly going in the right direction. God is good!!!

Carrol Bennett

Yes sir!

Sergio Jimenez

I’ve been in retail management for over 18 years. Y’all ever open a store here in Corpus Christi let me know.

Carrol Bennett
Reply to  Sergio Jimenez

Noted!

Richard Skiba

Wish that I was in Winter Haven also! Been doing fishing retail for a while now. Tied to PGI – Good luck with the new store fellas! We will definitely come up for a visit! Just received my new Mud- Hole “slot-machine”! Can’t wait to try it out! I would like Justin to recommend a proper reel for it first 🤩

Carrol Bennett
Reply to  Richard Skiba

We can’t wait for you to come visit! I will email Justin and have him reach out to you for the reel recommendation. Thanks Richard!

James Foster

It’s always exciting to see your business grow! Great work to the entire S.S. team! I’ll be making a road trip from Lakewood Ranch when it opens!

Carrol Bennett
Reply to  James Foster

Thank you for the support James! We can’t wait for you to see the new store!

George Layton

NOW, all my management experience could really help !! Living so far away, being nearly 100, & having to fish much more kicks me out of the running !! Someone has a FANTASTIC opportunity here !!!!!!! Look forward to the store opening !!

Carrol Bennett
Reply to  George Layton

George!! You would have us all in trouble if you worked there, making us laugh and cut up! Thanks for the support and we can’t wait for you to see it!

Art Heiter

Looks like that Palm Tree needs to go… and a few Florida Natives take its place. Must be getting closer to opening time. That’s exciting…

Carrol Bennett
Reply to  Art Heiter

Agree on the tree Art! It’s on the to do list for sure! Getting closer every day and so excited!

Al Clements

Any idea when you will have your Grand Opening?

Robert Jones
Reply to  Joseph Simonds

Looking forward to April!

Robert Jones

Wish I was in Winter Haven already. Sounds like an awesome career opportunity!

Carrol Bennett
Reply to  Robert Jones

Thank you! We are excited!

How To Read The Flats (Light Vs Dark Color Bottom)

What color is the bottom of the area that you are fishing and is that important? If the bottom is light or dark, you will have to change...

How To Catch Speckled Trout In The Winter (VIDEO & PODCAST)

Do you want to discover some of the best ways to find and catch speckled trout in the winter (especially right after a cold front)? Then tune into this brand new podcast episode. Enjoy.

The Best Lures For Redfish (Surprise Answer With Video Proof)!

Looking for the best lures for redfish? Then check out this new video where we discuss redfish lures, spots, and trends that applies to all redfish zones.

Get Instant Access To “The Inshore Fishing Manifesto” PDF Now

You’ll automatically be emailed a private link to download your PDF, plus you’ll be added to the Salt Strong Newsletter.
(Please double-check your email below to ensure delivery.)