NEW JOB OPENING: Shipping & Fulfillment Associate

We’re happy to announce a new full-time position open!

Great pay, amazing team, and a fast-moving company with a BIG MISSION.

Here are the job details.

Job Title

Shipping & Fulfillment Associate

Department

Operations

Reporting to: Shipping & Fulfillment Manager (Billy Morris)

Essential Roles

• Prepare packages for shipping and in-store pick-ups in a timely manner.
  • Learn and apply the policies/procedures to ensure every customer receives their package in excellent condition.
  • Process returns.
  • Learn and apply the policies/procedures to account for incoming inventory.
  • Participating in other support functions as needed.
  • Ensure all procedures, policies, and standards are followed.
  • Perform all functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Operations Manager.

Qualifications

Experience:

• No specific experience is required, on the job training for this position is provided.
  • Computer and Microsoft Excel knowledge preferred.

Communication Skills:

• Ability to effectively communicate and present information to customers, peers, and all levels of the company.

Reasoning Ability:

• Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team, and must have good time management skills.

Physical Demands:

• This position Involves heavy lifting, constant moving, standing, and reaching with arms and hands.
  • Will involve stooping, kneeling, and bending.
  • Ability to lift 50lb +

Other Skills:

• Ability to follow through on projects in a timely manner.
  • Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.

Perks

• Working in a fast-moving, high energy, and FUN company that works hard and plays hard
  • Ability to grow into various roles as the company continues to grow
  • Participate in the company-wide bonus program

Work Hours

• Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm (with hour unpaid lunch)
  • Possibility of future weekday/weekend shift change to include a weekday off while working Saturday as needed for demand

Location

• Winter Haven, Florida (downtown)

A Perfect Fit For Our Family

• Hard-working
  • Honest
  • Positive
  • Coachable
  • Competitive
  • Full of energy
  • Team player
  • Shows up on time (aka 5 minutes early)
  • Willing to go the extra mile
  • Not afraid to fail
  • Great communicator
  • Must read our Mission, Vision, & Call to Arms and be excited about them (read all 3 here)

Start Date

Immediately

Pay

Negotiable

Please note, this is a 40hr week position.

How To Apply

If you think you might be a fit for this job, please carefully follow these steps to apply:

Thank you so much for your support and interest in this position!

P.S. – If you know of any friends or family members that might be a fit for this role, please forward this to them. Pa-POW!

salt strong shipping team

Steven Rackas
1 month ago

If you are looking for a PT financial analyst or someone who has experience in retail database marketing please let me know. I posted in FB earlier today.

Richard M Pinard

I am Richard. Sent my cover letter and resume. Currently working for Bass Pro Shops. I have my own health insurance. Avid fisherman who knows the product and sells it. Worked in warehouses before.

Paul Newman II

Good Early Morning!
You have found me. I am the new guy you are looking for. I am right next door in Lakeland. Before the plandemic I was working for the largest firearms sales company in Fl. Originally at their only franchise store. I worked for them here in Lakeland for appx 9 years. The last six years I was “the” shipping and receiving department. I handled over 30k serial numbered firearms in that time. I was responsible for all special orders and coms with mfg for repairs/ returns. I also handled all transfers. When my boss and his investors decided it was time to retire, our store was sold to the corporate entity. I would not have worked for them except I was already there. They managed to rid the staff of all with the exception of three of us. At that time I had become a manager. I survived for appx a year. Covid hit. They broke our contract and I was unemployed for 10 weeks. I am at a new job but I would love to speak with and meet you folks. I feel we would be a great match!

William Morris
Reply to  Paul Newman II

Hey Paul thanks for reaching out. Dont forget to send a brief cover letter and your resmue to: Carrol@SaltStrong.com
Thanks… Billy

Jason Gager

I’m here for you. I live across the street(.8 miles) from your store. Currently working at Lowes. Fast pace….got it….like to fish…got it….no coaching needed….dept. manager now….

William Morris
Reply to  Jason Gager

Hey Jason thanks for reaching out. Dont forget to send a brief cover letter and your resmue to: Carrol@SaltStrong.com
Thanks… Billy

John

Let’s get our heads together to plan a tackle shop here in Mount Pleasant, SC, a Charleston suburb.

Kip

I’d love to work with you all if this was a little closer to the east coast. My family and I sold our home and possessions 6 years ago and moved to the Dominican Republic as missionaries. This summer we are moving back to FL in the Melbourne/Palm Bay area so that we can get our kids acclimated back into the US and started into college. I’d love to be able to work with a group of folks who have a vision and mission behind the company, and a sense of purpose rooted in service. I had a very successful career before we moved, but I now value time, relationships, and helping the world around me far more than simply chasing dollars…and if I could incorporate fishing into that as well, all the better. Let me know if you all ever grow into the eastern central/south Florida coast. I hope you’re all heading into a great week!

Nate Dickison
Reply to  Kip

Hi Kip! Thanks for reaching out. We appreciate you, your support, and the sacrifices you’ve made in your journey! I’ll be shooting you an email this morning. Stay tuned

Does The Slam Shady BOMBER Catch Fish In Murky Water?

Do you fish in dark, murky water? Usually, you want to go with darker lures here, but the Slam Shady BOMBER is actually a great option because...

The GPS Coordinates For Every Artificial Reef In South Carolina

Want to find more inshore and offshore fishing spots in South Carolina? This post gives you the GPS coorinates for every artificial South Carolina reef!
No comments