2-1-18 Update: The Strong Angler Challenge tournament outgrew the platform it was originally designed on, so future catch sharing activity will take place on an upgraded system… click here to learn more.
This page specifies the rules, prizes, and points system for the Strong Angler Challenge tournament series.
Strong Angler Challenge Rules
- All fish submissions must clearly show an official Salt Strong logo (hat, shirt, neck gaitor, decal, sticker, cup, etc.) in the picture/video submissions at the moment of exposure to validate that the fish was not caught years ago.
- All submissions must be uploaded before midnight (Eastern Time Zone) on the final day of the tournament to count… late submissions will not be accepted.
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age to register.
- Since taking kids fishing is a top priority of ours, any fish caught by your son or daughter who is under 18 years old can count as your catch… otherwise, the fish has to have been reeled in (or speared for freedivers) by you as the Strong Angler.
- You are free to make your Fishing Card feature you and/or your child as you wish, but you alone as the adult are fully responsible for the accuracy of the reported information along with the handling of any gear or proceeds that you win per your team performance in the tournament.
- Note: Your email MUST be used for your membership account to ensure that all correspondence goes to an adult.
- Only one picture or video can be submitted for a given fish (no duplicates)… And please make an effort to hold fish horizontally in pictures with their mid-section supported by a wet hand or the entire fish laying on a wet flat surface because holding them vertically by the mouth or gills because is not good for the fish.
- Once the quick picture is taken, we hope you decide to release it in very good condition, but you’re of course welcome to have it for dinner assuming it’s within the laws in your specific region.
- All pictures need to be uploaded to Salt Strong using the “Submit My Catch” link on the tournament dashboard (which is displayed if you’re a tournament angler who is logged in).
- No materially significant picture/video editing can be done to the pictures/videos (after the fact additions of logos/images are not allowed).
- Salt Strong reserves the right to take down any submissions without warning (likely candidates are posts that that are crude, in poor taste, or does not reflect positively on the Salt Strong community).
- All safety and legal rules/regulations for your area must be followed at all times. Any unlawful conduct will result in a disqualification of the tournament series.
- You agree to not hold Salt Strong liable at any time, under any circumstance for any decision, action, issue, or result that you or others make while in the process of fishing, preparation, or travel.
- The pictures you submit must be yours to share, and the act of you uploading a picture means that you take full responsibility for any copyright or any other legal issues that may be related to your picture/video.
- You agree that Salt Strong may use any pictures/videos you upload for any sort of promotional or marketing activity at any time.
- You agree that Salt Strong may make changes to the rules and/or stop the contest at any point in time without warning.
- You must have FUN… that’s what this Strong Angler Challenge is all about!!!
List of Species for the Challenge
- African Pompano
- Black Drum
- Jack Crevalle (5 lbs or more)
- Kelp Bass
- Mahi Mahi
- Marlin Family
- Shark Family
- Snapper Family
- Spanish Mackerel
- Spotted Seatrout
- Stripped Bass
Note: If you have a favorite species that is not listed, please let us know and we’ll consider adding it to the list (if added, the whole group will get notified of the change).
Strong Angler Challenge Prizes
There are multiple ways to win prizes… three core categories that each award the top 3 anglers, and there also are many regional winners based on participation within each region.
Here are the prizes for the Core Categories (Strongest Angler, Strongest Catch, & Most Species):
1st Place – Salt Strong gift card for $50.00
- First time winners get the exclusive Salt Strong Black Performance Hat reserved only for our Black Hat Club members (priceless)
- Note: The Black Hat Club is reserved only for 1st place winners of a core category of the monthly Strong Angler Challenges (Strongest Angler, Strongest Catch, or Most Species).
2nd Place – Salt Strong gift card for $25.00
3rd Place – Salt Strong gift card for $15.00
4th to 10th Place – Salt Strong gift card for $10.00
Regional Winners – Most Strong Votes
- Salt Strong gift card for $10.00
Note: In the event of a tie, the winner will be the angler who was first to submit their post(s).
Core Categories Defined
1) Strongest Angler
- This category awards the anglers who have the most combined Strong Points across their posts for the month.
- Strongest Angler Equalizer Clause: To make it fair to anglers who can only fish once or twice a month, the system is set up to count only the top 10 posts based on Strong Points for each angler. There of course is no limit to the amount of posts you can make… the system will automatically sum the top 10 for any angler who has more than 10 submissions.
- Strong Points are earned based on the list provided below.
2) Strongest Catch
- This category recognizes those who post the best picture or video that displays Salt Strong gear.
- Strong Points are earned based on the list provided below.
3) Most Strong Catch Species
- This category recognizes those who catch the most different species (all species must of course be included in the list shown above and some sort of Salt Strong gear must be visible in the picture/video… no editing in).
- This bonus category awards the angler who receives the most Strong Points within each Fishing Reports region: www.saltstrong.com/fishing-reports (includes groupings within States like Florida).
Strong Points – Details:
- 25 points for every vote from Tournament participants in current month (must be a Certified Strong Angler with a Profile Picture on your account and at least one post with you and an official Salt Strong shirt, hat, hoodie, neck gaitor, etc. in the pic to qualify)
- 5 points for every “Certified Strong Angler” vote (Certified = Salt Strong Customer)
- 1 point for non-Certified member votes (those who are not yet a customer of Salt Strong)
- 1 point for every Facebook Like/Share (max of 50)
- 1 point for every comment that you place on someone’s post (max of 10)
- 1 point for every comment that someone else leaves on your posts (max of 10)