The Best Tides For Redfish, Snook, And Speckled Trout [Flats, Bays, & Creeks]

Do you want to know the absolute best tides for redfish, snook, and trout are for the flats, bays, and creeks?

If yes, this video tutorial below will show you the #1 factor to keep in mind when planning your next inshore fishing trip.

Plus, you’ll learn about the two most common mistakes anglers make that significantly decreases their odds of success when it comes to fishing the different tides.

And as you’ll see towards the end of the video, there are some tactics that can be used to catch inshore slams (redfish, trout, snook, flounder) even when fishing “bad” stages of the tide cycle.

The red section of this tide graph is technically a bad time to fish as you’ll see in the video below.

But even during those “bad” tidal stages, you can still have some great fish catching if you know how to roll together all of the various factors and put yourself at the right spot for the given conditions.

In fact, you’ll see a good slam (redfish, snook, and trout) caught during the exact tide period shown above in the tide tutorial video below.

Please watch the entire video on reading tide charts and don’t hesitate to ask me any questions in the comment area below.

Click the play button below now.

Best Tides For Redfish, Snook, & Trout (VIDEO)

➡  [Click here to learn more about the Insider Club]

Conclusion

Were you shocked by the answer for the best tide?

We’d be doing you a disservice if we said tides weren’t critical.

In fact, it is essential for all saltwater anglers to know how to effectively read a tide chart because tidal cycles play such a big role in the feeding activity of redfish, snook, and trout.

However… make sure to not just focus on the tide height because the current is an EXTREMELY important factor to consider.

In order to get consistently good at catching quality inshore fish (redfish, trout, snook, flounder, etc.), you’ll have to get good at predicting where the top feeding zones will be based on multiple important factors such as:

• Tides/Currents
  • Season
  • Wind direction/speed
  • Water temperature
  • Cloud cover
  • Water clarity

And if you’re serious about increasing your ability to catch more redfish, snook, trout, flounder, and other inshore fish, then be sure to give our Insider Fishing Club a try.

Why?

Because it’s the only fishing club guaranteed to help you skyrocket your slam catching success without having to spend years of time and thousands of dollars on gas, tackle, etc having to learn it all the hard way.

➡  [Click here to learn more about the Insider Club]

Need More Inshore Fishing Spots?

Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club…

Qualifications:

• Do you love catching inshore fish like redfish, trout, snook, tarpon, black drum, and flounder?
  • Are you coachable?
  • Are you a positive person who is fun to be around?
  • Can you afford to invest 27 pennies a day?

Then we want you in the club!

Bruce Macewen
Bruce Macewen
1 month ago

I can not play your video. It’s happened before

Bruce Macewen
Bruce Macewen
1 month ago
Reply to  Bruce Macewen

I rebooted my phone it works now… thanks for the great tide info

Eric Glenn
Eric Glenn

By just looking at the Tidal charts how do I know what incoming tide and whats out goin tide ?

Keith Smith
Keith Smith

How applicable is this information for fishing the Atlantic coast? I surf fish in the northern Outer Banks of North Carolina (Duck, NC). I am not finding much information for surf fishing, but plan to try a lot of what I am finding in surf fishing to see how it works.

Keith Smith
Keith Smith

I really enjoy fishing at sunrise. It is a really peaceful and quiet time to be on the beach. Not only is the fishing usually pretty good, but a lot of the time I get to see incredible sunrises. I will be there in a few weeks and am anxious to see how your Smart Fishing Tides Chart works.

Bill Woodhouse
Bill Woodhouse

What is the significance of colors in the feeding times (green, blue)?

Bill Woodhouse
Bill Woodhouse

So which is Good, Better & Best? I colors are levels, what about the height of the columns>

Bill Woodhouse
Bill Woodhouse

1st paragraph of your answer addresses my question. So dark green is better than light green, then dark blue and finally light blue, each predicting more feeding or less feeding. I take the colors are relative. The height of the columns goes from 0 to 5 to 10. What metric is that? Thanks for your help!

Hector Castellanos
Hector Castellanos

You mention some preferences that change based on season and a course that covers that…what course is that? Thanks

Thomas Manley
Thomas Manley

Good video with lots of why’s answered for all. Now that it is starting to cool off a little, I see fishing has really picked up lots in the Placida area. Thanks for all your help!

Thomas Manley
Thomas Manley

Hoping to be going out next Monday and Tuesday. Not sure though if we are taking the flats boat out or going offshore yet. We wanted to get out to the box cars and see what we can catch.

Fred Zaiko
Fred Zaiko

Great presentation!

Caleb Keebler
Caleb Keebler

Wow thanks guys!

Jamal Gordon
Jamal Gordon

Great video. Very helpful.

Joseph Curatolo
Joseph Curatolo

Great video about tides and current. I will put tem to work this week. Just have to find some days where the wind is not too strong.

Bruce Mulvey
Bruce Mulvey

I fished the other day just after a cold front blew through dropping temps. I was targeting flounder coming out of the marshes due to the cold, but when I got to my targeted area, the incoming tide was “ripping” at 8-10 knots, pushing me down the bank way too fast. My bait was moving too fast too, so I eased into a small inlet and caught a couple of nice flounder. I guess they look for refuge from the current too.

John Simkunas
John Simkunas

????

Rich Despault
Rich Despault

Luke, where do you get the tide charts in a graph form. do you have the website? In South Texas I can find a number of tide charts but they are all numerical charts. I would really like to get the graph form,

Steven Free
Steven Free
2 years ago

Thank you so much Luke your awesome yes I was able to watch it on you tube great video yea I think that slow tide you were talking about was a beginning of a slack tide so to speak but of coarse you still got bit you lucky young smart devil you I love you man you love that crazy dog as much as I love mine so damn funny i also got a tip buy a copy of the florida sportsmans fishing planner it has great tips all over florida for each month and its a fishing planner so you can record your catch and days activities also it has a tide chart for each month and its shown in the graphic style you were demonstrating in your video very convienant and worth the 20 bucks thanks again for all what you guys do your all awesome????

Steven Free
Steven Free
2 years ago

Very strange luke tried to watch the video but it says my browser doesnt recognize any of the videos wich is bull because i have watched many and this is the first one i have had problems with no other ones said that and i was easily able to watch every one but this one

Bill Flynn
Bill Flynn
2 years ago

Great video on tides and current Luke! Thanks! #Salt Strong ????

Gregory Ramko
Gregory Ramko
2 years ago

Lol. Great video. Otis is da Man. He was chill at the Christmas party. Maybe he needs a brewsky from the insider glass to relax.

Gregory Ramko
Gregory Ramko
2 years ago

Dang. I missed that part. He was calm when I was talking to you, but videos of him trying to get fish were playing overhead. Lol

Jeffrey bythewood
Jeffrey bythewood
2 years ago

I use tide 4 fishing I like it but I was wondering is that a good chart for reading tides or is there a better one that you recommend

Jeffrey bythewood
Jeffrey bythewood
2 years ago

Okay thanks For the reply I will look it up

• Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing exactly where you should fish ever trip
  • Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in your area
  • Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).

The Ultimate Guide To Buying A Fishing Kayak (Must Read Before Purchase)

Do you want to discover the pros, cons, and "what to avoid" mistakes when it comes to buying a fishing kayak? Then check out this in-depth buyer's guide.

How To Sharpen Circle Hooks For Big Game Fish [VIDEO]

Want to make sure you never lose a big fish to a dull hook again? Then check out this video showing you the simple steps to sharpen any circle hook at home.

How To Catch Lobster In The Florida Keys Without Scuba Tanks [Video]

Want to know how to catch tons of lobster in the FL Keys while snorkeling? Well this article will explain everything you need to know... click here now.