A Quick Way To Clear Line Twists from Your Spinning Reel [VIDEO]
For an inshore angler, there is nothing more frustrating than having a line tangles in your spinning reel…
I take that back, losing a trophy fish is definitely more frustrating…
But either way, you get my point… no angler likes to get a line tangles in their reels, so it’s very important to clear out twists in your line because that it he #1 cause of the most frustrating of all line tangles… typically called “birds nests” or “wind knots”.
Well, one quick way to avoid and clear out line twists from any spinning reel is a simple activity that I like to call my “Fishing Line Twist Eliminator”.
“The Fishing Line Twist Eliminator’
Here is all that you have to do to eliminate pesky line twists in your spinning reel.
- Get in a boat (or a kayak)
- Get the boat into idle speed (or get some momentum going with your kayak first)
- With no knots, hooks, or bait on your line, simply release the spinning reel bail, and put the end of your line into the water behind you
- At idle speed, you should start to see your line coming off the spool from its drag on the water
- Get at least two casting lengths of line out, and then close down the bail to stop any more fishing line from going out
- Let nature do its magic as the water will automatically start straightening out your line
- After 1 or 2 minutes, reel your line back in at a medium pace keeping steady tension on the line
- You have now mastered the fishing line eliminator!
Note: Always watch out for boats behind you when doing this…
The Fishing Line Twist Eliminator [VIDEO]
How often do I use the Fishing Line Twist Eliminator?
Keep in mind, this can (and should) be done in the following two circumstances:
- Every time you spool your spinning reel (to see the video on how to properly spool a spinning reel for maximum performance, click here)
- Immediately after you are done using a spoon or any other bait that is causing your line to continuously twist and turn
Note: This can be done with braided line or monofilament fishing line
Any questions or other thoughts on how to make sure you avoid twists and tangles in your spinning reel line?
Then please post below in the comment section.
P.S. – If you think your angler friends or fishing networks would like to see this, please Tag them or Share this with them. You Rock! Pa-POW!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: