How To Catch Tarpon At Night While Kayak Fishing (With “The Intrepid Angler”)
Question #1: What’s tougher than catching a tarpon out of a boat?
Catching a tarpon out of a kayak…
Question #2: And what’s tougher than catching a tarpon out of a kayak?
Catching a tarpon out of a kayak at night!
Warning: Nighttime kayak fishing is not for first time kayak anglers… especially if you are targeting big tarpon under bridges like our guest The Intrepid Angler (Capt. Ross Gallagher) does.
We know all of you kayak anglers are going to love this podcast interview!
And in this awesome Fish Strong podcast interview, Capt. Ross gives us his best tips on how to land a tarpon from a kayak at night, including:
- Preparation and Safety tips
- All of the gear you will need on your yak
- Tips on where to find hungry tarpon at night in a kayak
- The best lures he has found that get the most strikes from evening tarpon (he rarely uses live bait)
- How to fish the current
- What to look for (and listen for)
- How to retrieve your lure for maximum strikes
- Which kayak The Intrepid Angler prefers for saltwater fishing
We’ve given you three different ways to listen to this free podcast interview with The Intrepid Angler.
- Listen here on this page by clicking the play button below on the Libsyn player
- Listen on Apple iTunes by clicking the blue Apple bar below
- Listen on Stitcher by clicking the black Stitcher bar below
More about The Intrepid Angler:
Capt. Ross Gallagher was a full-time guide for 7 years taking clients on amazing fishing expeditions from Florida to Alaska (his two favorite places to fish).
He also spent some time with the Lee County Marine Dept doing fish studies, and now he works full time for Hogy Lures where he is the main sales and marketing director.
Click here to visit The Intrepid Angler’s main site for more video fishing tips
Click here to follow The Intrepid Angler on Facebook
Thanks again for all of the amazing tarpon tips Capt Ross!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: