Have You Seen This Jet-Propelled Kayak That Can Hit 32 MPH! [VIDEO]
I guess it was only a matter of time before we saw kayaks that could go 30+ MPH…
Let’s face it, kayaks are amazing for fishing.
They are more easily affordable than a boat, they have way less maintenance, you don’t need a trailer, they can get is very shallow water, you can launch them practically anywhere, and they are something that your entire family can enjoy.
Over the past decade or so, fishing kayaks have not only exploded in terms of total sales, but they have also exploded in terms of new options, more comfort, and even more ways to make the kayak propel in the water (besides the traditional kayak paddle).
First, it was Hobie that introduced the hands-free propulsion system called the “MirageDrive” that basically looks like two seal fins pushing you through the water that you power using your legs (freeing up your arms for reeling in fish).
Then came actual sails on kayaks making them propel just like a sailboat on a windy day…
And now, a kayak maker called Aquanami has come up with a jet-propelled kayak called the Jet Angler!
And not just any jet-propelled kayak, this baby will go upwards of 32 miles per hour!
The “Jet Angler” Kayak by Aquanami
So you are probably wondering about the specs on this yak (including how much it must cost).
Here is everything that we were able to dig up:
- The original version of this jet-propelled “jet kayak” is called the “JetKayak GT”. It is very similar to the “Jet Angler” except that it only has one seat
- The newer “Jet Angler” (that is featured in the video below) can hold one or two people and comes standard with multiple rod holders
- It can hold up to a 17.5 Horsepower, 4 Stroke gasoline engine and will hit speeds of 32 MPH with one person and 28 MPH max speed with two people
- 3.7-gallon gas tank that will give you approximately 100 miles on a single tank
- It was designed for fishing the flats and for duck hunting
- Works great in both freshwater and saltwater
- It uses a central joystick for steering
- Apparently very stable and very tough to flip over
- Flat button hull to get you in less than a foot of water
- Dry weight: 249 lbs
- No trailer needed (can fit in your truck, but still will need at least two people to lift it at 250lbs)
- Has an automatic bilge pump in the engine compartment
- Price: $5,980 (according to the Aquanami website)
Here are a few more pics of the Jet Angler:
Note: one video source we found said that this jet kayak is “unsinkable” but we didn’t see that exact wording on the Aquanami site.
However, they do claim it is incredibly stable, so much so that in the video, two anglers are both standing while fishing without worry of flipping.
I know that I couldn’t do that in my saltwater fishing kayak!
Source: Aquanami website
The Aquanami Jet Angler Kayak Video
I’ve got to admit, this thing looks pretty cool.
I guess it all comes down to cost.
Many of the top kayaks with all of the bells and whistles (like the Hobie Mirage Pro Angler Kayak) are upwards of $3,500 to $4,000 right now.
So if this really is $5,980 with everything included, it’s not that far off of a price to have the ability to go upwards of 30 miles per hour and cover that much more fishing space.
And the fact that it holds two people (that can both be standing while fishing) is pretty legit.
But then again, the closer you start getting to $10k, the more it might make sense to look at a used flats skiff or buying a new Gheenoe.
So what do you think?
Would you buy one of these jet-propelled kayaks? Let us know in the comments!
To learn more about the Aquanami Jet Angler Kayak and to check out the current prices, click here.
Related Post: “What Fishing Boat Do You Belong On? Take The Boating QUIZ Now! (click here to take the 60-second boating quiz)
P.S. – If you think that your friends or fishing/boating networks would like to see this, please Tag them or Share this with them. You Rock! Pa-POW!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: