Mystery Tackle Box Review: Saltwater Edition
By: Joseph Simonds on July 14, 2015
If you haven’t heard of Mystery Tackle Box before, they are one of the main trailblazers in the business of sending out fishing tackle in the mail to anglers via a monthly subscription service.
They also brilliantly created the “Other KVD – aka Karl VonDibble” as their hilarious spokesperson.
Think of Mystery Tackle Box like Netflix for fishing gear… new and exciting tackle delivered right to your mailbox every month without you having to lift a finger or go into a store.
At first they started off exclusively making monthly lure/tackle boxes for Bass fishing, but over time they have added in the following subscriptions:
- Inshore Saltwater Fishing Mystery Tackle Box Subscriptions
- Panfishing Mystery Tackle Box Subscriptions
- Walleye Mystery Tackle Box Subscriptions
So of course, when we saw they had saltwater fishing lures aimed specifically at Inshore Anglers, we had to give it a try. And so far on our second month (to see our first month’s Mystery Tackle Box Review, click here), we are impressed.
Here are the 6 pieces of fishing tackle that were in the Saltwater Edition Mystery Tackle Box this month:
1) Stickminno by Unfair Lures – Long-casting stick bait (click here to see price on Amazon.com)
2) Doubler Fin 5.5″ by Delta Tackle – soft plastic twin tail grub
3) Silver Minnow Spoon by Johnson – weedless spoon that we love (click here to see price on Amazon.com)
4) Live Magic Shad by Lake Fork Trophy Lures- soft plastic baitfish with a thin profile (click here to see price on Amazon.com)
5) Down South Lures “Shad” – probably better in winter time with jig head
6) Live bait hook by Eagle Claw – 2/0 hook built on heavy wire (click here to see price on Amazon.com)
The Unboxing Of The Saltwater Mystery Tackle Box [VIDEO]
Another cool box from Mystery Tackle Box.
The lures and tackle definitely cost a multiple of what we paid for them, so we feel like we got a great deal monetarily.
What I also like is that a few of these lures are things we never would have bought in a store. In other words, some of these lures I would have never known about, thus never would know if they could potentially be my next “Magic Go-To Lure”.
Of course, only time will tell as we test them out here at Salt Strong. Stay tuned.
To learn more, go check out Mystery Tackle Box here.
P.S. – If you know anyone considering Mystery Tackle Box, or anyone that would like this, please share. You Rock!