“The Fish Call” – This “Nerf Football Like” Fish Attractor Could Change How You Catch Fish Forever!
By: Joseph Simonds on August 18, 2015
The Fish Call: Is this the future of catching fish for both saltwater and freshwater anglers going forward???
From the looks of the comments on the web, it sounds like people either love or hate this fish magnet known as “The Fish Call”.
The naysayers seem to think this “fish calling device” might be taking it a bit too far in terms of a fishing advantage (aka cheating).
But hasn’t that been the natural progression of fishing in general? I remember people saying the high def, side imaging fish finders were cheating as well, but now you don’t go offshore (or inshore) without an HD depth finder/fish finder revealing pretty much everything under your boat (or kayak).
And certainly everything from scented lures, to braided line, to the latest hooks, to the vast array of reels, to the boats, to every single piece of fishing tackle and equipment that we use today is light years ahead of where it was 25 years ago…
Of course I can also see where taking the fish’s mood out of the equation (this fishing attracting device apparently works even when there is no tide and fish aren’t usually biting) could be a little like “playing God” out there on the water…
Either way, this smoking hot “The Fish Call” Kickstarter campaign (they have already raised over $44,000, and they still have 30 days left in the campaign) has our attention, as we believe it won’t be the last you hear of “The Fish Call” and other related fish attracting devices.
FYI, these “Fish Callers” will retail in stores and online at $129 per fish caller.
What “The Fish Call” Does
This new 3D printed electronic fish attracting device that looks like a Nerf football was created by a father and son duo by the names of Jack and Jeff Danos. They created it as a solution to help people catch more fish in less time from newbies, to weekend warrior anglers, to fishing guides.
Here is how it all works:
- They professionally recorded the sounds of fish schooling and bait schooling and have created a patent-pending technology that not only plays the fish sounds, but it also makes vibrations that attract the fish to the device as well
- All you have to do is turn the device on, throw it out (or anchor it in your desired fishing location), and the Fish Call will send out sounds and vibrations that mimic the sounds of schooling and feeding fish.
- Before you know it, fish are showing up ready to eat
The Fish Call Specs
- It really is the size of a mini-Nerf football, and although it currently is being made using 3D printing, the final “sellable” product will be manufactured using injection molding.
- The Fish Call will last for 6-8 hours on a 9V battery
- And the father/son duo says it works in any condition (windy, bad tides, no tides, etc)
- They have had incredible success using this fish attracting device with these fish:
- Sea Trout
- Blue Gill
- Blacktip sharks
- Catfish (Hey Danos guys, if you are reading this, come up with a device that DETRACTS catfish and puffer fish and I will be the first to buy it!)
The Fish Call Video
How to learn more about “The Fish Call”
Go check out the father and son duo behind The Fish Call on their main website here.
And of course, go see all of the behind the scenes videos (including how they make these electronic fish attractor with a 3D printer) at their Kickstarter page here.
Don’t forget to let us know your thoughts about this fish attractor in the comments. And please Tag your angler friends or Share with your groups.
P.S. – If you think your angler friends would be interested in seeing this futuristic fish attractor, please Tag them or Share this with them. You Rock! Pa-POW!
Are you a serious saltwater angler that enjoys showing off your best catches and hearing about all of the best fishing tips before anyone else?
Then join the fastest growing PRIVATE Facebook Fishing Group in the nation.
CLICK HERE to ask to join The Salt Strong Fishing Tribe.