The Slam Shady Bomber Paddletail Lure Mini-Course

Welcome to the Slam Shady BOMBER paddletail lure mini course!

This post will show you everything you need to know in order to maximize your results when using this excellent lure to catch redfish, seatrout, snook, and a wide variety of other species.

You’ll see detailed video lessons showing the following:

1. How To Retrieve
  2. How To Rig
  3. Setting The Hook
  4. Essential Equipment (rods, reels, & line)
  5. Skip Casting Tips
  6. Getting Out Of Mangroves
  7. When To NOT Use The SS Bomber
  8. Storing Tips/Recommendations

And at the bottom of this page is a Comments section in which you can ask questions and get answers to anything relating to these BOMBER paddletails.

Here are the lessons:

How To Retrieve

➡ Click here to order these BOMBER lures

How To Rig

➡ Get these weighted hooks

➡ Get these jig heads

➡ Get these Texas Eye jig heads

Setting The Hook

Essential Equipment (rods, reels, & line)

➡ Get this braid line

➡ Get this leader line

➡ Get a rod that works great with the Bomber here

➡ Get a reel that works great with the Bomber here

Skip Casting Tips

Getting Out Of Mangroves

When To NOT Use The BOMBER

This BOMBER lure is at its best when fishing expansive shallow areas with 5 inch+ baitfish because it casts a mile and its easy retrieve enables you to cover a lot of water with minimal effort.

Its big paddletail puts off a lot of vibration in the water which enables it to attract fish by both sight and feel from a good distance.

The situation where this lure is at its worse is when fishing smaller zones of structure in calm shallow water when you don’t need to cover an expansive area…

In that situation, the Alabama Leprechaun rigged on a weighted hook is the way to go.

Also, this BOMBER lure can be too big to use during periods where only small baitfish are in the area (winter and early spring)…

When fishing areas with smaller baitfish, you’ll need to use a smaller paddletail like the Slam Shady 2.0.

Storing Tips

Just like all soft plastics, it’s important to not mix them with other brands when you’re storing them.

Most importantly, do NOT store these SS Bombers with any lures made by ZMan (even the original Slam Shady lures due to them being made from Zman’s Elaztech material).

This is because some materials have a chemical reaction when exposed to different materials from other soft plastics.

I personally recommend storing them in their packages they come in to make sure that aren’t any accidental touches against other soft plastics.

If you want to store them in a tackle tray, you of course can do that as long as they are isolated into their own section.

This material does not require that you keep it wet, so you can store it for long periods of time while rigged on your rod and you can even store them pre-rigged in your tackle tray as well.

Conclusion

This new lure is an excellent choice if you’re fishing for redfish, seatrout, snook, and flounder in shallow water.

It can help you cover a lot of water with very little effort which will enable you to more consistently find the top feeding zones because of how much water you can fish.

Best of all, it’s easy to retrieve so your wrist won’t be tired from having to retrieve this lure even if you fish it all day long.

Guarantee: Just like all of our Salt Strong products, we fully stand behind their performance with a 100% satisfaction guarantee… so if you get them and find that you somehow aren’t catching a lot of fish with them, all you have to do is let us know and we’ll process a refund for what you paid for them.

➡ Click here to order the SS BOMBER lures

If you have any questions about the Bombers, please do not hesitate to let us know using the comment box below.

Anthony P McGann

Thank you for the advice answered a lot of my questions. Just purchased my Bombers, was looking forward to trying them this weekend until this cold front hit. I fish the Honeymoon Island area around Clearwater , was wondering if you would recommend dropping to a smaller size paddle tail because of the cold front that just came through?

Rich Edmonds

I heard someone recommended using a spot of superglue to keep the minnow tight up against the jig head. I am concerned that this would leave a bad taste for the fish, your thoughts?

Dave Frymier

I started using these a couple years back when Luke first recommended them – they were Southeastern Fishing Slammers then. I still have one left – that’s why I ordered some Bombers. I have caught some two foot reds and trout on these at dead low tide, back in the St Augustine sub-creeks (usually about as wide as a single car driveway) just steady retrieving. You don’t get a lot of strikes, but it only takes one. What else are you gonna do with that hot, muddy water? Since these things do cast a mile, you can get them to fish that your boat hasn’t spooked yet. That requires a pretty good cast, though – not just to get your lure out there, but to make sure the line lands in the right place.

timothy bouthner

Thanks Luke

The BOMBER!!! I love this lure in the fall. The big redfish can’t resist it!

Tony

Great video as always Luke! The bomber works!!!

Al Schellhorn

I purchased the bomber about two months ago, along with the big pack of smaller 3″ slam shady. For most of the summer, the smaller paddletail outfished the larger for me in 3′ or less water. But this weekend, without getting many hits on the smaller, I switch to the bomber and landed some very nice slot trout. Luke and Joe are right that as we head to fall, bait is getting bigger and bigger fish want bigger bait. Great lure and my go to. And great advice, as always guys.

Matthew Lanier

Great lesson on the Bomber, Luke!
I landed a stud slot today with one! 💪

gjaime09@yahoo.com

Hi Luke. Thank you so much for the very good lessons. I just bought a kayak and I am very new to this type of fishing but I feel that I am learning a lot. I am interested in buying exactly the same rod that you use in these videos. Could you provide me with all the details or a link so I can find it, please? I checked the link you posted to find the proper rod for the ss Bomber but I still like the one you use better. Thank you so much for the great job you guys are doing.

gjaime09@yahoo.com

Great. Thank you so much for the quick response and info.

Carlos Davila

Got mine, we’ll be trying them out this weekend. Hopefully I’ll finally earn my Salt Strong decal!

This Is The Only Time To Use A Swivel For Inshore Fishing

Do you want to know the truth about using swivels for inshore saltwater fishing? Then check out this post that explains when (and when NOT) to use a swivel.

This Is How To Throw A 12-Foot Cast Net Without Using Your Mouth

Want to learn how to throw a 12-ft cast net pancake without using your mouth? This post shows you everything you need to know - including a FREE PDF Guide.