The Reality Of Fish Handling Mistakes (That Kill Trout & Redfish)
Fish handling mistakes are extremely common and often lead to further harm or even death of fish that have been mishandled by the angler that caught it.
What is the proper technique for the safe catch and release of inshore game fish?
The reality is, if we want to sustain the futures of our fisheries, we must handle fish with care so they are released back into the ocean unharmed.
We’ve got it all covered below!
You can watch the video version of this podcast below (which I highly recommend), listen to the audio version by clicking the play button underneath it, or listen to it on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify.
Check it all out below!!!
Fish Handling Mistakes [PODCAST]
- TOP 5 WORST FISH HANDLING MISTAKES (AVOID THESE)!
- THE BEST CATCH AND RELEASE TECHNIQUES (BACKED BY SCIENCE)
Here is a timestamped version:
- 1:17 – THIS is killing more redfish and trout than anything else
- 3:30 – What are the correct ways to handle fish?
- 5:42 – Preparation is CRITICAL
- 7:55 – Differences in handling fish depending on species
- 11:14 – Trout and Tarpon
- 12:08 – Consequences of using the wrong type of net
- 15:53 – The RIGHT way to safely handle a fish you’ve just caught
- 19:54 – Fish Lip Grippers
- 23:20 – Keep the fish in the water as long as you can
- 24:35 – What is safest for me and safest for the fish
- 25:28 – Fish Revival & Release
- 26:34 – Working out built-up Lactic Acid
- 27:40 – How do you take good fish pictures?
- 30:52 – Single Hooks VS. Treble Hooks
- 33:25 – Nobody is perfect
- 34:10 – Control the fish’s tail
- 34:52 – Always practice good fish handling (even if you are harvesting fish)
- 36:28 – Join the Insider Club TODAY!
Fish Handling Mistakes [VIDEO]
As anglers, we want to enjoy catching the fish in our waters today and ensure the sustainability of fisheries for tomorrow.
Make sure you are always prepared for any type of scenario and before you go out to cast a line, have everything in check and within arm’s reach so you and the fish are safe!
Be sure to spread the word and encourage safe fish handling practices in your local fisheries!
Do you have any more questions about the biggest fish handling mistakes?
Let us know down in the comments!
And if you know someone who wants to learn more about the biggest fish handling mistakes, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: