How To Grill Lobster To Perfection “The Butterfly Method” [Video]
It’s lobster grilling time!
Are you looking for a simple but delicious way to grill lobster?
Well, have you ever heard of the Lobster Butterfly Method before?
It’s called the “Butterfly Method“ for two reasons:
- You simply split the lobster tail in half and open it up like a butterfly
- You use nothing but butter in the recipe…
And in this video below, not only will you learn how to grill lobster to perfection, but you’ll also see how we cook it along with fish.
Check out the before and after pic below of what your lobster tail will look like right before you put it on the grill.
Here is all you need to for this simple lobster recipe:
- Spiny lobster tails
- Cutting board
- Sharp (and strong) knife
- Paper towels (or two small towels)
- Grill tongues
- Spices (optional)
When done, it should look something like this!
The Lobster “Butterfly” Recipe
- Start by using your sharp knife to crack the back of shell starting from the end closest to where the head of lobster would normally be while the tail of the lobster is pointing away from you
- Next, flip the lobster with the tail pointing to you and break the rest of the shell down the middle of the back
- Grab your paper towel (or towel) and split the lobster tail by cracking the back (lobster should open up in a butterfly manner)
- Heat grill up to 400 degrees
- Place lobster flat on the back (shell side down)
- Place slices of butter inside of each lobster
- Add in any spices (optional)
- Flip lobster after 3.5-4 minutes using grill tongues
- Pull lobster off the grill after both sides have had 3.5 – 4.5 minutes depending on how big the lobster tails are
- Heat up butter and get ready to dip your grilled lobster in and enjoy!
How To Grill Lobster [Video]
If you ask the team here at Salt Strong, there is nothing better than grilled lobster dipped in butter (except grilled lobster and stone crabs together, of course).
And after a long day of hunting down spiny lobster while freediving, the last thing we want to do is have to wade through some long and drawn out lobster recipe.
So after testing many different ways to grill a lobster, not only was this “Butterfly Method” our favorite, but it was also the easiest way to cook lobster.
Hope you enjoy.
Do you have any favorite ways to cook lobster?
Let us know in the comments.
Fish On. Lobster On.
Related Post: “How To Catch Lobster In The Florida Keys Without Scuba Tanks” (see it here now)
Related Post: “The Most Lobster Ever Caught On Film In Florida!” (see it here now)
P.S. – If you think your angler friends or fishing networks would like to see this, please Tag them or Share this with them. You Rock! Pa-POW!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: