Pro-Cure Bait Scent: How Many More Fish Does It Really Catch? [New Experiment]
By: Luke Simonds on May 22, 2018
Pro-Cure Bait Scent Experiment
Does bait scent make a difference or not?
Many Salt Strong members have asked this question so I decided to do an on-the-water experiment to come up with answers to it that has some independent testing behind it.
And I wanted to share this first experiment with you to get your feedback about how effective this scent testing method is before I continue to do more of them.
See below for the overall structure of the experiment as well as a fun video of it in action… Otis sure was having a blast “helping” me out.
Bait Scent Experiment Details
As you’ll see in the video below, I did my best to keep the variables as minimized as possible…
What I kept constant:
- Reel size
- Line size (different color to keep track of which one had the scented lure)
- Leader line
The target variable was scent, so I applied the Pro-Cure gel to the lure on the rod with the yellow line, and kept the lure on the white line completely free of any scent.
And I switched rods every 3 casts while fishing so that I would have an equal amount of casts with each of the lures to see if there were any differences in fish caught.
Pro-Cure Scent Experiment Results
I had some time last week to start the testing, and I filmed the action so that you can see exactly what fish were caught.
Click on the video below to see the action from the first experiment:
This experiment is just getting started, so there is a lot more analysis to be done before I can report any conclusive results.
I plan to test out multiple different Pro-Cure scents, and I’ll target a variety of species assuming you’re interested in seeing the results.
For now, I’m mostly interested in your thoughts about the following:
- Should I make changes to the testing format? or keep it as is?
- What type of Pro-Cure gel do you like best for inshore fishing?
Use the comments section at the bottom of this post for any feedback on these scent experiments.
Thanks for your time in checking out this post… Fish On!
P.S. – If you think your angler friends or fishing networks would enjoy seeing this then please Tag them or Share this with them. You Rock!
Do YOU Want New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).