Quantum Smoke S3 Baitcasting Reel Review [Top Pros & Cons]
We’re switching it up today!
For the last 20 years I’ve strictly used spinning reels for inshore fishing.
It’s not because I had anything against baitcasters, but it’s just that spinning reels were better for the type of fishing that I was doing…
That was, until a few months ago when I found an application where I actually prefer baitcasting reels.
Baitcasting reels are perfect for fishing heavy lures under docks.
In this video, you’ll learn why I prefer baitcasting reels in this situation, plus you’ll see a review of my the baitcasting reel I’ve been using, the Quantum Smoke S3.
Check it out below!
Quantum Smoke S3 Baitcaster Review [VIDEO]
Here’s a direct link to get the Quantum Smoke S3 Baitcasting Reel:
And here are my top pros and cons for it:
- Lightweight (less than 7 oz.)
- Powerful (25 lbs. of drag)
- Quicker retrieve speed (so you can quickly get fish out from under docks)
- Over-sized spool for better casting performance
- No clicking sound like spinning reels have when a big fish is pulling drag
- It’s harder to skip lures under docks with a baitcasting reel than a spinning reel (you have a higher chance of getting backlash)
- Easier to get backlashes in general with baitcasters vs. spinning reels
After exclusively using spinning reels for inshore fishing for 20 years, I now take a baitcasting reel with me almost every time I go out fishing.
They’re perfect for fishing heavy lures (like the Power Prawn) under docks because they have quicker retrieve speed and they’re powerful.
You don’t lose casting ability with heavier line and the faster quicker retrieve lets you get fish out from under docks faster.
You can get the Quantum Smoke S3 Baitcasting Reel from our shop here:
Have any questions about this reel?
Have you used it before?
Are there any other baitcasters you recommend?
Let me know down in the comments!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: