How To Tie The Redfish Zonker Fly (A 1-Piece Fly)
By: Joseph Simonds on May 21, 2020
You’re going to love learning how to tie this fly…
This might be one of the easiest flies to make, plus, redfish love it!
It’s called the redfish zonker fly and all it consists of is one strip of zonker.
It’s got great presence in the water and looks great, too.
In this video, we’ve got Joe Sherer, Salt Strong Insider member and former Orvis Instructor, breaking down how to tie this fly step-by-step.
- Why you don’t want to make the tail too long
- What color zonker strip to use
- Other options to spice this fly up if you want
- And much more
Learn how to tie the Zonker fly in the video below.
How To Tie The Redfish Zonker Fly [VIDEO]
Does it get any better than that?!
Redfish love this fly and it’s super easy to tie.
Have any questions about tying this fly?
Let us know in the comments below!
And if you know someone who’s looking to learn to tie a new fly, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
Stop Wasting Your Valuable Time On The Water!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing exactly where you should fish ever trip
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in your area
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- 20% OFF ALL of your fishing tackle (rods, reels, line, lures, and more from ALL of the biggest brands in America)