[NEW CASE STUDY] Scientific Method For Catching Inshore Fish In The Winter
By: Luke Simonds on December 22, 2018
This new case study fishing report is yet another example of the Scientific Method for catching inshore fish during the winter months.
Best of all, this trip shows a clear example that live bait is not required to get some fun fish catching action… even when winter time fishing in areas you’ve never been to before.
The inshore waterways just north of Marco Island was the target zone for this trip.
I invited Greg Schuler, who is an Insider Club Member from that area, to join me for a fun day out on the water.
To make sure that this wintertime case study trip was valid, we had just 2 rules:
– Rule #1: I had to be in charge of picking the spots to fish because I had never been there before
– Rule #2: We would only use a select few lures so that we would get distracted from the fish finding plan [no live bait]
Marco Island Fishing Trip Report
The video below shows some fun fish catching footage from our day out on the water while we implemented the plan for finding fish in a new area.
This footage is in sequential order, so you can see how the species caught evolve over time and type of spot.
– See the Pre-Trip Planning & Post-Trip Analysis Details from this Trip [Insider Members Only]
This trip was a fun example that plenty of fish can be caught on those cold and windy days after a cold front has pushed through.
All that is needed is a core understanding of how the fish react to cold shocks to the water temperature and a few trusted lures.
For many years, I thought that inshore fishing after cold snaps was a lost cause, so I totally missed out on many fun trips because I didn’t even bother to go out.
If you find yourself struggling to consistently catch as many redfish, seatrout, snook, or flounder as you would like during the winter months, then I highly recommend joining the Salt Strong Community.
Because you’ll see the latest and greatest trends on exactly what is working best throughout the entire year so that you can maximize your valuable time on the water.
And an added bonus of networking with thousands of likeminded anglers who are eager to help you out is that you’ll surely meet some great new fishing friends too.
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).