How Alcohol & Anxiety Attacks Almost Took My Life… [Podcast]
By: Joe Simonds on April 12, 2019
This week’s podcast episode is like no other episode I’ve done before.
And it’s a tough one to share…
In fact, I actually completely deleted my first recording of it because I was a bit scared to publish this…
But then I received a text from my good high school friend letting me know one of our buddies had taken his own life…
So I got back on the mic to share my 14-year journey of struggling with alcohol, severe anxiety, and bouts of depression…
But I’m also going to share what healed me.
In this episode I talk about:
- My lowest point in struggling with alcohol (how one night started a downward spiral…).
- Why social anxiety caused me to miss multiple weddings.
- The simple trick I learned from a freediving class that helped wipe away nearly all of my panic attacks.
- Why I was lying to everyone and hiding my anxiety (and why you shouldn’t do that!).
- What has been a HUGE help in curing my anxiety attacks and any thoughts of being down…
If I can help just one person with this episode, then it’ll be a success.
I’d love to hear your feedback, so shoot me an email or leave a comment below.
Conquering Alcohol, Depression & Anxiety [Podcast]
If I can help just one person with this podcast, then I’ve done my job.
Here are some things that have helped me:
- Whenever things get tough, I always remind myself, “This too shall pass.”
- If I feel an anxiety attack coming on, I slowly breathe in through my nose and feel the air expanding in my stomach, not my chest.
- I have a strong purpose in my life.
- Napoleon Hill’s Think and Grow Rich helped me realize everything is in my mind.
- I shared my journey through depression, anxiety, and alcohol to happiness in my book, Fishing For Happiness, in hopes of helping others.
If you’re struggling with depression, anxiety, or alcohol, I urge you to share it with someone.
You’d be surprised at how many people are struggling with this, and a simple conversation may be the difference between life and death.
If you want to share it with me, please contact me at my private email email@example.com, I’d be happy to talk.
Thanks for listening and if you know someone who could benefit from hearing my story, please share it with them!
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).