3 Tips To Find Feeding Inshore Fish (Even In Bad Weather)
By: Luke Simonds on April 5, 2019
Fishing trips and perfect weather don’t always happen at the same time…
Sometimes you need to make the best out of the conditions you’re given.
And that’s exactly what we did on this trip.
There was a strong wind from the north bringing cold air and clouds down with it, but this fishing trip (a SUPER-Community Insider meetup) was planned for months so we weren’t going to let a little wind and clouds stop us.
We were in kayaks, which made the wind a little more of a big deal than if we were in a boat, but we toughed it out and were able to get on some fish.
Check out the video below to see how we caught fish in poor weather.
(P.S. want to see exactly where we were fishing? Check out our SUPER-Community where we show you every detail about each fishing trip, including the lures we were using and the spots we were fishing.)
Bad Weather Fishing [VIDEO]
Just because the weather is poor doesn’t mean the fishing has to be.
In tough conditions like these, follow these three trends:
- Find structure, such as oyster bars or docks.
- Look for depth changes and deeper water. In this video, we caught fish in the deeper water near the docks and in the cuts between oyster bars.
- Bounce jigs slowly off the bottom. Fish are more lethargic in cooler water, so fish slower than normal.
The cool thing about fishing is that these trends hold true pretty much everywhere.
There are the trends I’ve been following on Florida’s west coast recently, and they worked just as well on the east coast.
If you want to stay up to date with the trends that are happening in real time on the water, check out our SUPER-Community.
We share all of our exact fishing spots and what the fish are biting, plus we teach you how to find spots yourself (and loads more!).
P.S. have any questions about bad weather fishing? Let us know in the comments below!
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).