The Best Times To Catch Fish During The Summer Months
Fishing is tough during the dog days of summer.
And as we start to head later into summer, that window of opportunity to catch quality fish shortens.
So in this video, you’ll learn:
- What lures work best during your prime summer fishing times
- Why DO2 and water temperatures are important
- Dissecting the morning versus the evening bite
- And much more
Check it out!
Best Times To Fish During Summer [VIDEO]
We reviewed a ton of information so here’s a timestamped table of contents:
- 0:51 – DO2 and water temperatures (why it’s important)
- 2:24 – It sounds early but this is the best time to fish
- 3:05 – When the fishing shuts down (and why)
- 4:25 – Grass flats and oxygen levels
- 5:16 – We have eyelids, fish do not
- 6:26 – Finding the feeding window in hotter temperatures
- 9:03 – Morning vs evening bite
- 11:50 – The short window to fish
- 13:46 – Why topwater is so productive
- 14:31 – After the topwater bite dies, what to use next
- 15:56 – Lures you must have for a search bait during the summer
- 19:35 – When to change things up
- 21:34 – Don’t forget this (year-round)
- 22:23 – Here’s your arsenal of lures for the summer bite
- 24:04 – Have heavier jig heads with you to fish in deeper water
- 26:17 – Fishing ledges and channels
Here are the lures we discussed:
- Slam Shady 2.0
- Gold Digger (Insider Only)
- Heddon Super Spook Jr.
- Slam Shady Bomber
- Alabama Leprechaun
Have any questions about times to target fish during the summer?
Let me know down in the comments!
And if you know someone who wants to stop getting skunked, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: