Bubba Fishing Net Review (Top Pros, Cons & Tips)
By: Luke Simonds on February 11, 2020
Looking for a new fishing net?
You might want to consider the Bubba Net.
This net is from the same company that brought you the Bubba Blade and in this video, I’m breaking down the top pros and cons of this net, plus I’ll share tips about using fishing nets, in general, to help you land fish safely and keep your net lasting a long time.
If you’re in the market for a new net, you’ll definitely want to watch this review!
And by the way, we are not affiliated with Bubba or any other company, so you can be sure this review is totally unbiased.
Bubba Net Review [VIDEO]
Before we get into the pros and cons of the Bubba Net in particular, let’s talk about nets in general.
When you’re landing a fish with a net, you want to keep the net handle vertical as much as possible.
When you start holding the net horizontally, especially with a big fish in it, that’s when you put a lot of pressure on the handle, or where the net and handle connect, which can cause it to break.
You also want to look for a net that will preserve the fish’s skin and slime if you’re practicing catch and release.
Nets with lots of knots or ridges, or nets without rubber mesh can remove the fish’s slime, which can be dangerous for them.
Now with that being said, let’s get into the pros and cons of this net.
Bubba Net Pros:
- Has knotless rubber mesh, which is great for preserving fish slime
- It’s very strong
- The grip has notches to hold it in place in rod holders
Bubba Net Cons:
- They’re on the expensive side as far as nets go
- It’s good for fish about 30″ and under, but you may have trouble landing a big bull red or over-slot snook
- It doesn’t break down or collapse into a smaller size
Overall, I’m impressed with the level of detail that went into making this net.
It’s well-made and not cheap, but if you need a reliable fishing net for your boat this might be a good choice for you.
You can get this net from Amazon here.
Have any questions about this net?
Have you used it before?
Let me know in the comments below!
And if you know someone who is looking for a new net, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
You can see all of our product reviews here.
P.S. If you want the best fishing spots, tips, and strategies, click here to join us and 12,000+ other members in the Salt Strong Insider Club!
Stop Wasting Time On The Water!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing exactly where you should fish ever trip
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in your area
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).
- Z-Man Weedless Jig Head Review (Top Pros & Cons)
- How To Consistently Catch Redfish, Snook, & Seatrout [Inshore Manifesto]
- How To Catch Redfish Like A Pro [3 Shortcuts To Success]
Disclaimer: When you buy through links on our site, we sometimes earn affiliate commission from places like Amazon, Bass Pro, Tackle Warehouse, etc. It’s one more way we can help you quickly find the best deals on the web while making sure we’re still around to serve you for years to come (and you do want us to be around to help you catch fish for many more years, right)?