Cajun Inshore Spinning Rod Review [Top 3 Pros & Cons]
By: Luke Simonds on November 6, 2019
It’s rod review time!
We’ve been getting a lot of requests for reviews of rods made in the USA, so here it is!
I recently went out and bought a Cajun rod with my own money so I could test it out and do an honest review of it.
I’ve used it a lot these past few months and caught a lot of good fish so that I could give an accurate review.
Want to see what I think?
Check out the video below!
P.S. Since we’re not affiliated with Cajun or any other company, you can be sure this is a completely unbiased review.
Cajun Spinning Rod Review [VIDEO]
Cajun makes several rods, but the one I’ve been using is the Delta series (now called the ATLED series).
It’s a 7’3″ spinning rod with medium-heavy power and fast action, which is generally my favorite combo.
Now, onto the pros and cons.
Cajun Spinning Rod Pros
In the three months I’ve been using this rod, I’ve enjoyed it.
Here are a few of the things I like most about it:
- The overall feel is great. It’s lightweight, yet powerful enough for big fish.
- It has a nice flex, which allows you to sling lures far.
- It’s high quality. The guides and butt system are well made, and the cork is comfortable.
Cajun Spinning Rod Cons
Of course, no product is perfect.
Here are a few of the cons I’ve noticed:
- Price. This rod was a little over $200.
- The keeper is very close to the butt. I like the type of keeper, but since it’s so close to the butt, my lures rub right up against it when I use it.
- Availability. They’re tough to find in stores (I found this one at St. Pete Outfitters), but you can get them online.
Overall, this is a solid rod that feels great and has enough power to handle the 41″ snook I caught with it pictured above.
If you want this rod, you can get it at their website below:
Again, we’re not affiliated with Cajun at all (I bought this rod with my own money) but we’ve been getting lots of requests for reviews of rods made in the USA, so here it is.
Have you used this rod?
Do you have any questions about it?
Let me know in the comments below!
And if you know someone who is in the market for a new rod, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want the best local fishing spots, discounts on fishing gear, and to stay up to date with what and where the fish are biting right now? Join us in the Insider Club!
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).