How To Catch Redfish Using A Topwater Duck! [VIDEO]
By: Joe Simonds on February 25, 2018
I love it when my friend Brandon Barton from Emerald Coast Kayak Fishing sends me an email…
Because he only sends me amazing videos of him catching fish in his kayak.
Sometimes it’s him having epic battles underneath a dock (like this video)…
And sometimes it’s bloopers like when his client flipped out of his kayak while fighting a big red snapper (like this video).
Well, this morning he sent me a video with the headline “catching redfish on a duck.”
I couldn’t resist checking it out with that kind of caption (and after I saw it, I had to share it with you).
Here are a few takeaways and tips from this video:
- Catching redfish is all about finding the feeding zone!
- When you find feeding redfish, they will hit just about anything.
- The trend that Brandon used to have an epic night was knowing strong tides were bringing in a bunch of crabs and eels through the bridges. And when you can find any type of light (like the bridge lights), you can throw just about anything in there and get big strikes on topwater plugs (even ducks)
- Follow the moving schools of bait, find the fish…
Note: if you want to receive weekly inshore trends (and actual spots), then definitely check out this fishing club.
P.S. – If you think your angler friends or fishing networks would enjoy seeing this, please Tag them or Share this with them. You Rock! Pa-POW!
Want New Fishing Spots & New Inshore Trends Sent To Your Inbox Every Single Week?
If you fit the following criteria, you might qualify to join this exclusive fishing club:
- You want to take your inshore fishing game up to the next level
- You want to save TIME and MONEY when it comes to fishing
- You are coachable and have a positive attitude
If you said YES to all three, click here now.
If you said NO to any of the three, don’t click above.