Deep Sea Fishing Mistakes…(Are You Making These?)
By: Joseph Simonds on May 3, 2019
It’s deep sea fishing time!
After back to back 12-hour days of offshore fishing with Capt. Dylan Hubbard and his crew, I have a newfound respect for guys who do this every day for a living.
It’s hard work!
Between the two-hour boat ride out and back, bruises from the rod butt jamming in my armpit, and sore muscles from reeling big fish up 200 feet, I was beat.
The first day most of the Salt Strong team went out for some team bonding, and the second day Luke and I went out to film Red Snapper Mastery with Capt. Hubbard.
What was amazing was that on the second day, we were able to learn from the mistakes we made on the first day and catch more (and bigger!) fish.
On this podcast episode, Luke and I discuss deep sea fishing mistakes.
- The biggest mistake beginners make when fighting the fish (this leads to many lost fish and broken hearts)
- The difference between using mono vs braid
- The proper way to hold your rod for maximum power while using less energy (trust me, the wrong way is exhausting)
- What not to do when rigging your bait (live or frozen)
- What newbies wear and bring (only bring these if you want everyone to know it’s your first time offshore fishing!)
Note: there are several demonstrations and pictures, so watching the video version is recommended.
And if you have any questions about offshore fishing, let us know down in the comments.
Deep Sea Fishing Mistakes [VIDEO]
Deep Sea Fishing Mistakes [PODCAST]
Monster AJ & Grouper [VIDEO]
Capt. Anthony put in some hard work to get that amberjack into the boat!
And on any other day, that grouper would have been the prize fish, but it was just overshadowed by the big AJ.
What’s the biggest fish you’ve caught?
I’m so glad to have been able to go out deep sea fishing two days in a row so I could fix my mistakes and catch more fish the next day.
Have you been making any of these offshore fishing mistakes?
What did you learn from our mistakes?
Let us know in the comments below.
And remember, crank it, don’t yank it!
P.S. Know someone who makes these mistakes? TAG or SHARE this with them!
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).