How To Clean A Blue Crab In 2 Easy Steps (Quick & Clean Way)
By: Luke Simonds on March 20, 2020
Want to learn how to clean blue crabs the fast and easy way?
Most people boil them whole, but there’s actually a much better way to cook and clean them that saves you from having to deal with the guts and the gills when you’re eating them.
I’ve enjoyed eating them much more by cleaning them like this, plus I’ll share a secret tip that makes this whole process go very quickly.
If you like eating blue crabs, you’re going to love this video!
How To Clean Blue Crab The Easy Way [VIDEO]
There are just two easy steps to cleaning blue crabs this way:
- Crack off the top of the shell
- Clean out the guts and gills (the easiest way to do this is to blast it all out with a hose)
This leaves lots of delicious meat in the corners of the body, in addition to in the claws and legs.
By cleaning crabs before boiling them, you don’t have to deal with the guts and gills on the dinner plate, which makes things much easier and appetizing.
Hope you enjoyed this two-step process for cleaning blue crabs!
I’ve also got a blue crab cooking video coming up soon that I can’t wait to share with you.
Have any questions about cleaning blue crabs?
Or have another way that you’ve found to be better?
Let me know in the comments below!
And if you know someone who likes to cook blue crabs, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to the best fishing spots, tips, and exclusive gear and discounts? Click here to join us and +12,000 other anglers in the Insider Club!
Stop Wasting Time On The Water!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing exactly where you should fish ever trip
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in your area
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).