How To Find & Fish Redfish Highways Using Cut Mullet
Have you cruised down the redfish highway?
This is probably one of the best ways to consistently catch redfish (even for newbies).
In this episode, Peter shares how he finds redfish highways, how to fish these proven highways, and why cut mullet is the best overall bait to use.
So if you want a bunch of those slot reds, this is a must-hear episode.
Check it out!
You can watch the video version of this podcast below (which I highly recommend), listen to the audio version by clicking the play button underneath it, or listen to it on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify.
How To Fish Redfish Highways [VIDEO]
How To Fish Redfish Highways [PODCAST]
- HOW TO FIND 90% OF ALL FEEDING FISH IN YOUR AREA (90/10 FISHING RULE)
- HOW TO QUICKLY FIND INSHORE FISHING SPOTS (BASED ON TIDES & WIND)
Here’s a timestamped table of contents:
- 1:25 – How to fight a redfish that’s tangled
- 4:09 – The perfect size of redfish in the highway
- 4:54 – Water quality, algae blooms, and tough fishing
- 5:58 – How to find the redfish higway
- 7:22 – Redfish think about 2 things: food and protection
- 8:07 – Redfish are running from this and chasing this
- 9:06 – Here’s how to make sure your bait stays on the highway
- 10:03 – Fish every part of the boat like this
- 11:32 – The perfect rod holder for cutbait fishing
- 12:11 – Peter’s setup for the redfish highway
- 12:46 – This bait works better than fresh bait
- 13:26 – Cutbait trick to keep your boat clean
- 14:01 – How to prep your cutbait for the redfish highway
- 14:29 – Tip for hooking your cutbait
- 15:07 – If you catch one you’re catching more and here’s why
- 17:16 – How to position your boat on the highway to not spook fish
- 19:58 – Fishing with Trident Terry
- 20:57 – Crab > Mullet?
- 22:03 – Always have someone on duty
- 23:48 – Teaser of Peter Deeks new course
- 27:21 – Joe gets a nice redfish at the last minute!
If you’d like to catch redfish on the highway (and so much more), book a trip with Capt Peter Deeks here.
If you want a tried and true way to catch lots of redfish, then you’ve got to find the redfish highway.
And if you’re using cut mullet, you’ll get hooked up with a redfish pretty quickly.
Have any questions about how to find or fish the highway?
Let me know down in the comments!
And if you know someone that can’t seem to find redfish, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: