Nixon Base Tide Pro Watch Review: Features, Pros & Cons
By: Wyatt Parcel on May 16, 2020
Looking for a watch that tells you the time and the tides?
You’re in the right spot!
In this video, I’m sharing my review of the Nixon Base Tide Pro.
I got this watch a few months back so that I can always know what’s going on with the tides.
It’s originally made for surfers, since all of the tide sites are beaches, but I’ve been loving it to help plan my fishing trips.
Of course, this watch isn’t perfect, so I’ll be sharing both the pros and the cons of it.
Also, we’re not sponsored by Nixon or any other company — I got this watch as a Christmas gift — so you can be sure that this review is totally unbaised.
Check it out below!
Nixon Base Tide Pro Watch Review [VIDEO]
Here’s a breakdown of this watch:
- Tells you:
- Price: ~$150
- Fast access to tide info
- Comfortable and durable
- Works well in the dark
- Cheaper than some of the other tide watches
- User interface is simple
- Most tide sites are at the beach (it’s built for surfers), so if you’re fishing back bays, that tide site might not be available
- Slightly large watch face
The one that I have and that I’m reviewing in this video is the Nixon Base Tide Pro.
If you want to go a little cheaper, you can get the Nixon Base Tide watch for about $100 ($50 cheaper).
The biggest difference between the pro and the standard version is that the pro version shows previous and future tides by the hour, so you can quickly get an idea of what the tides will be like for the day.
To see if your tide site is available in the watch, check out their tides list here.
And if you want to get this watch, you can get it from Amazon here.
If you’re looking for a watch that can also tell you the tides, the Nixon Base Tide Pro is a great choice.
It allows you to quickly see tide information, it’s comfortable, and it’s cheaper than some of the other tide watches out there.
However, it’s built for surfers, so if you’re fishing in bays, creeks, or rivers, your tide site might not be on there.
If this is you, be sure to check out SmartFishingTides.com to help plan your next fishing trip.
Have any questions about this watch?
Let me know in the comments below.
And if you know someone who is looking for a new watch, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
Stop Wasting Time On The Water!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing exactly where you should fish ever trip
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in your area
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).
- See all of our product reviews here
- How To Consistently Catch Redfish, Snook, & Seatrout [Inshore Manifesto]
- SMART FISHING TIDES (New Tide Tool Predicts Best Fishing Times)
Disclaimer: When you buy through links on our site, we sometimes earn affiliate commission from places like Amazon, Bass Pro, Tackle Warehouse, etc. It’s one more way we can help you quickly find the best deals on the web while making sure we’re still around to serve you for years to come (and you do want us to be around to help you catch fish for many more years, right)?