Plano Z Series Waterproof Tackle Bag Review (Top Pros & Cons)
Looking for a waterproof tackle bag?
I was tired of coming home with a soggy tackle bag after my kayak trips thanks to rain or a rogue wave, so I decided to try out this Plano Z Series Waterproof Tackle Bag.
It’s been great, but of course, it’s not perfect.
So in this video, I’m breaking down the pros and cons of it.
I’ll also show you how big it is and what I put in it, so you can get a good feel if it’s right for you.
Check out the video below.
Plano Z Series Waterproof Tackle Bag [VIDEO]
Here are the pros and cons of this bag:
- Comes with 2 standard 3700 StowAway boxes
- Bottom of the bag is molded plastic, so you don’t have to worry about water soaking through the bottom
- Bag is made out of a PVC material, so water runs right off of it
- Has rubber feet, so it doesn’t slide around your deck
- 2 side pockets on the side made of rubber mesh for storage
- 2 clips to keep the top down so that you don’t have to worry about zippers
- The lid has some weight to it, so you don’t have to worry about it flying open when you open it
- Not totally waterproof. If it goes overboard, water will get in it.
- If water does get in the bag, it’ll stay in there, so you need to make sure there’s none in there after your trip.
Here’s what I keep in this bag:
- 3600 waterproof box
- 3700 waterproof box
- Smaller box for my weights
- 2 waterproof boxes for Gulp
- Another container of Gulp
- Leader material
- A few bags of Alabama Leprechauns, Slam Shadys, and Power Prawns in the side pockets
And after all of this, I still have room for more in the bag.
I’ve really enjoyed the Plano Z Series Waterproof Tackle Bag.
It’s built with saltwater anglers in mind and has plenty of storage.
Have any questions about this tackle bag?
Have you used it before?
Let me know down in the comments.
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club (and get 20% off of this tackle bag)!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: