Popping Cork Maintenance: Making Your Popping Corks Last Longer
By: Joseph Simonds on November 15, 2019
When you’re fishing for big fish, your tackle is going to take a beating.
And when you’re using popping corks, the center wire can often bend, making it more difficult for them to rattle and make that fish-attracting clacking sound.
When this happens, these corks are drastically less effective at attracting fish.
Watch the video below for a quick tip on how to fix that.
Popping Cork Maintenance [VIDEO]
Has this ever happened to your popping corks?
For more tips about popping corks, check out these articles:
- How To Rig A Popping Cork For Redfish (Best Knots, Corks & Rigs)
- How To Rig A Shrimp Under A Popping Cork Like A Pro
- How To Fish Artificial Lures Under A Popping Cork (Plus Top 4 Mistakes)
- Popping Corks: The Truth About Shapes, Styles & When To Use Each One
And if you’re in the Keys and want to book a charter with Capt. Johnson, check out his website at FloridaKeysFunFishing.com.
P.S. Want the best local fishing spots, discounts on fishing gear, and to stay up to date with what and where the fish are biting right now? Join us in the Insider Club!
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).