Red Snapper Fishing (Everything You Need To Know)
By: Joe Simonds on April 23, 2019
It’s red snapper time!
According to Capt. Dylan Hubbard, red snapper is the greatest success story of conservation in the Gulf of Mexico.
Just 10-15 years ago you couldn’t find red snapper, and now, thanks to careful management of the red snapper fishery, you can’t get away from them!
There is lots of turmoil surrounding red snapper regulations so for this podcast, we brought on Capt. Dylan Hubbard from Hubbard’s Marina to clarify everything for us.
Capt. Hubbard brings especially valuable insight into this topic since he’s sat in on over 40 federal fishery meetings.
We also cover:
- His best tips for catching red snapper (including how and where to catch monster 20 lb+ red snapper)
- The top red snapper mistakes he sees anglers making
- How to care for red snapper that you aren’t keeping when you bring them to the boat so you can keep them alive to catch another day
- The best baits to catch red snapper
(P.S. want to see the best fishing spots and what the fish are biting RIGHT NOW in your area? Check out our SUPER-Community here.)
Red Snapper Fishing [Podcast]
How To Properly Vent An Offshore Fish [VIDEO]
How To Use A Descending Device [VIDEO]
Are you ready for red snapper season?!
In the meantime, if you want more of Capt. Hubbard, check him out at the links below:
- Check out Hubbard’s Marina here and book a trip with them
- Grouper Mastery with Capt. Dylan Hubbard
- Mangrove Snapper Mastery with Capt. Dylan Hubbard
- Click here to see Capt. Dylan Hubbard’s page in the Salt Strong Community
If you’re not in the SUPER-Community and want to see what Capt. Hubbard and thousands of other anglers are sharing, click here.
Also, if you want to know the fishing regulations right now in your state, make sure to check out the Fish Rules app here.
Have any questions about red snapper season or how to catch them?
Let us know in the comments below.
P.S. the new Red Snapper Mastery course is coming soon!
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).