How To Rig Dead Shrimp For Finicky Fish On The Flats
We all know live bait works well…
But here’s the truth: if a fish sees a smelly dead shrimp laying on the bottom looking like an easy meal, they’re probably not going to pass it up.
So in this video, you’ll learn the best way to rig dead shrimp for picky fish on the flats.
Check it out below!
How To Rig Dead Shrimp [VIDEO]
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Shrimp (live, fresh dead, or frozen)
- 1/0 Eagle Claw Plain Shank Hook
- 10# Ande Mono Leader
- Split Shot Weight
Here’s how to rig the shrimp:
- From the tail end, thread the shrimp up over the shank of the hook.
- Try to keep as much of the hook covered.
- When you get as far as you can go up, twist the hook point out of the side of the shrimp.
Your split shot weight will keep the shrimp on the bottom waiting for a fish to snatch it up!
This is also a great technique for days when the weather is not so great but you still want to get on some fish.
Fishing dead shrimp in the shallows can be really effective.
And if you want to maximize your chances of getting a bite, rig them this way so that the hook is barely visible, but the exposed hook point is there to get a good hook set.
Have any questions about how to use this rig?
Let me know down in the comments!
If you know someone who wants to get better at catching fish with shrimp, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
And if you’re in the Keys and want to go out with Capt. Hollywood’s crew, you can find them at FloridaKeysFunFishing.com.
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
- LIVE BAIT RIGS: BEST OVERALL RIG FOR INSHORE FISHING (AND THE WORST RIG)
- TOP 3 LIVE BAIT RIGGING MISTAKES (UNDERWATER EVIDENCE)
- BEST LIVE BAIT RIGS FOR INSHORE FISHING (TO RIG SHRIMP, PINFISH, MULLET)
Disclaimer: When you buy through links on our site, we sometimes earn affiliate commission from places like Amazon, Bass Pro, Tackle Warehouse, etc. It’s one more way we can help you quickly find the best deals on the web while making sure we’re still around to serve you for years to come (and you do want us to be around to help you catch fish for many more years, right)?
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: