Savage Gear 3D Shrimp Review: Pros, Cons, & When To Use Them
Have you tried the Savage Gear 3D Shrimp lures yet?
They are fairly new so I wanted to do a review and break down the pros and cons of both versions now available.
In this video, you’ll learn:
- The top pros and cons of both the weedless and standard lure
- When and how to use them
- Cool features and specs of these shrimp lures
- The main differences between the two of them
- And more
Check it out below!
Savage Gear 3D Shrimp Lure Review [VIDEO]
We always like to make sure our reviews are fair and balanced.
So here are the great things about this lure and some of its downfalls.
- Made out of tough duratech material that’s very durable and stretchy
- Segmented tail will help with underwater action
- Both lures come built with a rattle in the chamber, which is a great attractant, especially in calmer water
- Segmented tail does not have a mesh reinforcement so over time, or with an angry pinfish, the tail could more easily be torn off
- Hooks are pre-rigged on both lures (if something happens to the hook or lure, you can’t get a replacement, you’ll have to get a whole new lure)
- The weedless lure is more weed resistant than totally weedless and may snag on grass because of the fluorocarbon weed guard
Savage Gear 3D Application
The performance of each lure (standard vs. weedless) is going to be very different because of the weight design.
When compared to the weedless version, the standard Savage Gear Shrimp lure is more in line with how a shrimp would perform when it’s rigged on a jighead.
Because of the buoyant material it’s made out of and the design of the standard weight, it’s going to bounce up and down on the bottom and at rest, the head will point downward as the tail flutters up.
The weedless lure has more of a keel-weighted hook (similar to an Owner TwistLock) so this version is going to land more level, swim straighter through the water, and give you a more finesse approach.
You can get these lures here:
Have any questions about these lures?
Or are there other artificial lures you’d like to see reviewed?
Let me know down in the comments!
P.S. If you want 20% off all of the gear in our shop, join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: