How To Save Money On Braided Fishing Line (And Make It Last Longer)
By: Tony Acevedo on June 29, 2020
Wouldn’t it be nice if you didn’t have to buy more braided line, but instead made the line you already have last longer?
There’s an easy way to do that!
In this video, I’m going to show you how to flip your braid so that it’s like new, and so that you can double its lifespan.
When you go fishing, you’re really only using a fraction of the line that’s on your reel.
The top half is getting beaten up and doing all the work, while the half closest to the spool is largely unused and like new.
And when the top half starts to get a little bit frayed, or even just faded in color, you might think that you need to get rid of it all and put on a new spool.
However, if you do that, you’re wasting all of the like-new braid that’s on the inside of the spool.
Watch the video below to see how to make the most of your fishing line by flipping your braid.
How To Save Money On Fishing Line [VIDEO]
When you flip your braid, the line that was once the outside of the reel is now on the inside, and the line that was on the inside is now on the outside.
The fresh line that’s been protected close to the spool is now ready to finally be deployed and take on some of the heat from the big fish you’re about to catch.
Here’s what you need to do flip your braid:
- Two empty spools
- ~2.5″ Bolt
- 1 nut
- 2 washers
Here’s how to flip your braid:
- Secure one of the spools onto the bolt using washers on each side of the spool and a nut on the bottom side to keep it in place.
- Take the cap off of the spool on your reel to remove pressure on your drag system.
- Use the drill to spin one of the empty spools and take line off of your reel and onto the spool.
- Put the bolt, nut, and washers on the remaining empty spool, put it on the drill, and spin it to put the line on this other spool.
- Put the line from the second spool (where the used braid is on top) back onto your reel so that the unused braid is now on top.
Flipping your braid will help you get the most out of every spool and save money.
Have you ever flipped your braid?
Have any questions about it?
Let us know in the comments below.
And if you know someone who buys new braid too often, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
Now, another way to save money on your fishing gear is to join the Insider Club.
You’ll get 20% off of all the products in our store, including rods, reels, lures, and more.
As an Insider, you’ll also get access to our best fishing spots and tips!
Stop Wasting Your Valuable Time On The Water!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing exactly where you should fish ever trip
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in your area
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- 20% OFF ALL of your fishing tackle (rods, reels, line, lures, and more from ALL of the biggest brands in America)