How To Save 25% On Gulp Shrimp [Bucket vs. Packets]
By: Luke Simonds on February 13, 2019
It’s Gulp time!
And particularly, it’s saving money on Gulp time.
Conventional wisdom says that buying things in bulk saves you money.
But is that the case with Gulp products?
I recently did some digging to see whether or not buying Gulp shrimp in bulk (the buckets) is cheaper than buying Gulp by the packet.
Check out the video for the surprising results:
How To Save Money On Gulp Shrimp [VIDEO]
I can’t believe Gulp shrimp packets are the better deal… I have gone through a bunch of them over the years, so no telling how much I could have saved.
Note: 25% less per shrimp is based on getting packets for $5.96, which is what I paid when going out to buy these 3 options at a local Walmart.
Worst case, you should at least be able to find them for $6.99 a pack which still provides a savings of 6% compared to the best bulk option.
How To Store Gulp Shrimp
The best way to store Gulp shrimp is in a waterproof Plano container.
- The Gulp buckets are prone to leaking and you do not want their potent formula leaking in your boat, garage or house.
- The containers will keep any air from getting to the baits and drying them out (which sometimes happens with the packets).
- The bottom of the Gulp bucket is concave, which can warp your Gulp shrimp and alter their action in the water (which will cause you to catch less fish).
- The colors don’t really bleed, so you can keep different colors and Gulp products in one container, as opposed to having several different packets or buckets.
You can get a waterproof Plano container here: https://amzn.to/2TMXGNJ
Gulp doesn’t include the number of baits in the buckets, so I always assumed buying the buckets was a better deal because I was buying in bulk.
However, I crunched some numbers and found the following:
- The big bulk container for $19.99 has 16 shrimp ($1.25 each)
- The smaller container for $9.96 has 7 shrimp ($1.42 each)
- The packet for $5.96 to 6.99 contains 6 shrimp ($0.99 to $1.17 each)
Life lesson here: always inspect what you expect!
What do you think?
Will you be buying them by the packet from now on?
If you have any questions about Gulp products, let us know in the comments below!
P.S. – TAG or SHARE this article with a friend that wants to save money on fishing products!
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).