Texas Eye Jig Head Review (Pros, Cons, & Rigging Tips)
Have you tried the Texas Eye jig heads yet?
These are great to use when fishing around structure but not great in other scenarios.
So in this video, you’ll learn:
- The pros & cons of this jig head
- When to use it (and when not to)
- How to rig a soft plastic on it
- Which colors work best
- And much more.
Check it out below!
Texas Eye Jig Head Review [VIDEO]
When To Use The Texas Eye Jig Head
If you like fishing around structure, then you’ve got to try out the Texas Eye jig head.
You can buzz right over underwater structure like oyster beds, rocks, and seagrass without getting snagged.
Here’s my favorite lure to use with the Texas Eye jig head:
Pros & Cons Of This Jig Head
Although this is a great weedless set-up, there are some cons to note when using this jig head.
Here are some of the pros and cons:
- It has the weight of a jighead plus it’s easy to rig weedless
- Bait keeper allows baits to stay in place for a long time
- The large eye is a great target for predator fish
- Great for trolling paddletails
- Doesn’t work great with non Z-Man soft plastics
- Bait keeper may rip a typical plastisol lure
- The pivoting head creates an inconsistent skip around docks
- They can be hard to find in stock (Grab your Texas Eye jig heads in our shop here.)
Note: If they’re sold out by the time you see this, be sure to sign up for the notifications so you’ll know when they are back in stock!
Best Colors For The Texas Eye Jig Head
You really need to match your jighead weight to the depth of water that you are fishing.
And I don’t think that color really matters to fish so I pick out the color to coordinate with the weight of the jighead.
Here’s what I use:
- Glow = 1/4 oz.
- Pearl = 3/16 oz.
- Red or Yellow = 1/8 oz.
These Texas Eye jig heads are fantastic when trying to fish around structure with a weedless set-up.
Just keep in mind that Z-Man soft plastics are going to work best on them.
Have you used these yet?
Let me know what you think about them in the comments below!
And if you want to grab a pack of these from our shop, click the link below:
If you know someone who loves to fish around structure, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: