April Vokey: From Fly Gal To Angler Mum To Changing The World
By: Joseph Simonds on July 30, 2019
Don’t you just love those podcast episodes that make you rethink everything?
You’re in for a treat because that is exactly what April Vokey brought to the table in this conversation.
I had the privilege of meeting with her face to face at iCast recently and we got to sit down and record this one live.
She’s got a resume that any outdoor person would be impressed by:
- She’s a fly fishing guide in British Columbia
- She spends half the year in Canada and the other half in Australia
- She’s never had a 9-5 job (she hustled until she could make a living doing what she loves: fishing)
- She runs the podcast Anchored, which is one of the most popular fishing podcasts out there.
Oh yeah, and she does ALL of this while being a wife and a mom!
In this episode we cover some heavy-hitting stuff, including:
- Children and the future of fishing
- Conservation (and whether you should keep what you catch or not)
- Women in the fishing industry (and sexuality’s place in it)
- Why the outdoors is more than just about fishing (and things you can do to experience the outdoors without taking from it)
- Leaving a legacy for your kids
- And much more!
I hope you enjoy this conversation as much as I did!
A Conversation With April Vokey [PODCAST]
April is all over the internet, so you can keep up with her on almost any platform you want, including those below:
- April Vokey on YouTube
- April Vokey on Facebook
- April Vokey on Instagram
- April Vokey’s Podcast, Anchored
- Her website FlyGal.ca
- Or you can email her at email@example.com
Have any questions for her or about any of the stuff we talked about in this podcast?
Let me know in the comments below!
And don’t forget to TAG or SHARE this with someone who needs to hear it!
P.S. If you want the best fishing spots, discounts on gear, and to keep up to date with what and where the fish are biting right now, join us in the Insider Club!
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).