Why Fishing Will Die If We Don’t Fix This…
What does Harley Davidson, the newspaper industry and the fishing industry all have in common?
I’ll answer that in a second, but first, a little story…
Over the past few weeks, I’ve been talking with the fishing industry’s top minds as far as conservation and the health of the fishing industry goes.
These two are inseparably linked…
The more people go fishing (and spend money on fishing licenses, boat gas, tackle, etc), the more money there is for conservation.
And not only conservation, but also public amenities (think public boat ramps, parks, etc.).
If fewer people go fishing, there will be less money for conservation and amenities…
So the fishing will get worse…
So fewer people will go fishing…
It’s a vicious downward cycle if we don’t stop it.
And here’s the biggest problem:
Nearly half of all anglers are over 50 years old.
That means that in 10, 20, or 30 years, these people will be aging out of the sport.
Which means fewer people will be fishing…
And the downward cycle will start.
The newspaper industry and Harley Davidson also have the problem that nearly half of all their customers are over 50 years old.
I don’t know anyone who gets the newspaper anymore, and I definitely don’t want that to happen to the fishing industry…
Here’s another stat:
If a kid doesn’t fish before he or she is 12 years old, they’re likely to never become a fisherman.
So unless we get kids fishing, fishing will die.
Now here’s the big question:
What are we going to do about it?
Listen to the podcast below for the answer.
Why Fishing Will Die If We Don’t Fix This… [PODCAST]
- The Future Of Recreational Boating & Fishing
- The Path To 60 Million Anglers In America…
- “Fishing, Gone?” How To Protect Our Fisheries For Generations To Come
How We’re Going To Save Fishing
Our company is Salt Strong, but you’ve likely seen the name Fish Strong float around as well.
We own that, too, but we were never really quite sure what to do with it.
Until it hit us:
Why don’t we make Fish Strong the nonprofit arm of Salt Strong?
The problem is that kids aren’t going fishing…
And it’s mostly because their dads aren’t fishermen, or they’re not around…
And we have a bunch of dads and father figures who know how to fish and care about kids in our community…
So why don’t we fix the problem by leveraging our willing and able community?!
Introducing, “Fish Strong Dads.”
Reach Out To Me If You Want To Get Involved
If you’d like to get involved with helping kids in your community experience the joy of fishing and being outside, then please email me at email@example.com.
By taking kids fishing we can get them off of their phones and enjoying the outdoors, while simultaneously saving fishing and the environment for future generations.
We’re on a mission to save fishing and we need your help.
Here’s how you can help:
- Take a kid fishing! It can be a grandkid, a kid, a neighbor, a nephew. Kids just need to experience the joy of fishing.
- Reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to get involved with our mission of taking kids fishing, “Fish Strong Dads”.
- Share this episode! We need as much help as we can get, and the easiest thing for you to do is to share this episode on social media and send it to a couple of people who care.
Have any questions about getting kids fishing?
Let us know in the comments below!
P.S. In the podcast I mentioned the Inshore Skunk Factor Quiz, which helps you identify why you get skunked and how to fix it.
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: