Best Shrimp Lures To Fish Under A Popping Cork [Brand Comparison]
It’s artificial shrimp time!!!
What’s your go-to artificial shrimp when fishing it under a popping cork?
Do you just buy whatever is available at the store?
Or whatever the fishing magazines tell you to get?
Depending on which lure you choose, you could be making a big mistake.
If you’re fishing artificial shrimp under a cork, two of the main things that will help it catch fish are:
- The action of the shrimp as it darts through the water
- How the shrimp settles when the cork is still
So we took seven of the most popular brands of artificial shrimp and tested these two factors.
Here’s the lineup of soft plastic shrimp baits that we tested in this video below.
ChaseBaits USA Flick Prawn Shrimp
Savage Gear Shrimp
Z-Man EZ ShrimpZ
Z-Man Scented ShrimpZ
Berkley Gulp Shrimp
Want to see how they stacked up against each other?
Check out the video below.
P.S. – We’re not affiliated with any of these lure companies, we just created this video to show you the difference between them.
Enjoy and let us know what you think by leaving a comment below.
Shrimp Under A Popping Cork Test [VIDEO]
Are you surprised?
Which of these lures are you going to use?
If you’re fishing shrimp under a popping cork, a big factor that determines how well it will catch fish is the way it moves through the water and settles when the cork is still (especially in clear water).
Three of the lures that had the best action and settled in the water horizontally (which is natural for a shrimp) were these pre-rigged, segmented shrimp:
Have any questions about using artificial shrimp under popping corks?
Let us know in the comments below!
And don’t forget to share this with someone who uses artificial shrimp!
P.S. Want more in-depth tips, local fishing spots, and access to exclusive fishing lures and gear? Join us in the Insider Club!
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).
- How To Rig A Popping Cork For Redfish (Best Knots, Corks & Rigs)
- How To Fish Artificial Lures Under A Popping Cork (Plus Top 4 Mistakes)
- How To Rig A Shrimp Under A Popping Cork Like A Pro
Disclaimer: When you buy through links on our site, we sometimes earn affiliate commission from places like Amazon, Bass Pro, Tackle Warehouse, etc. It’s one more way we can help you quickly find the best deals on the web while making sure we’re still around to serve you for years to come (and you do want us to be around to help you catch fish for many more years, right)?
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: