Bottom Sweeper Jigs Review: Pros, Cons & When To Use Them
By: Tony Acevedo on March 12, 2020
Have you tried these Bottom Sweeper Jigs?
I’ve been seeing a lot of people online catching fish with them, so I decided to buy some and give them a try.
They’re for rigging up baits like fiddler crabs, shrimp, and sand fleas for bottom dwellers such as sheepshead, redfish, and black drum.
And after using them for several trips, I now have enough experience with them to give you an honest review.
If you’ve been considering these jigs, or are looking for new ways to rig live bait on the bottom, you’ll love this video.
Let’s dive in!
P.S. We’re not affiliated with this company or any others, so you can be sure this review is 100% unbiased.
Bottom Sweeper Jigs Review [VIDEO]
First, let’s start with the pros.
Pros of the Bottom Sweeper Jigs
- Small, compact, and simple to use (no need to tie a complicated rig)
- They sit balanced on the bottom with the hook point up, so your bait will be facing up and your chances of hooking up are increased
- Since they sit upright on the bottom, they’re less likely to get snagged
Cons of the Bottom Sweeper Jigs
- The paint will come off (this happens to all painted jig heads, but you can purchase them unpainted)
- They’re a little more pricey than other jig heads
- There isn’t much of a hook shank on the jig, so it can be tough to rig bigger baits
You can get these Bottom Sweeper Jigs from their website here.
These jigs are great for rigging shrimp, fiddler crabs, or sand fleas to catch sheepshead, redfish, black drum, and any other fish that feeds on the bottom.
Have you used these jigs before?
Have any question about these jigs?
Let me know in the comments below!
To see all of our other product reviews, click here.
And if you know someone who’s been thinking about getting these jigs, please TAG or SHARE this with them.
P.S. Want access to the best fishing spots, tips, and exclusive gear and discounts? Click here to join us and +12,000 other anglers in the Insider Club!
Stop Wasting Time On The Water!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing exactly where you should fish ever trip
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in your area
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).