Are You Willing To Fight For Fishing Like This? With Capt. Benny Blanco
By: Joseph Simonds on November 8, 2019
When Capt. Benny Blanco takes his grandkids out fishing one day, the conversation will go one of two ways…
“See this flat right here? It used to be full of seagrass and redfish back in my day…”
“Look at all these redfish! There was a time when the water was so bad we didn’t think our fisheries were going to make it, but we fought hard to fix it and look at it now.”
Capt. Benny is on the front lines making sure that we save our waters today and is one of the most active members of Captains For Clean Water.
In 2015 we had a major algal bloom that wiped out 50,000 acres of seagrass and completely destroyed his favorite bay.
He decided to do his own investigating into what’s being done to fix the problem and he was baffled.
There was lots of talking but little action, so he joined up with fellow captains Daniel Andrews and Chris Wittman to actually do something about it.
In this podcast episode he shares:
- What the real problem is with why our waters are so unhealthy
- What the #1 opponent is that’s keeping us from having clean water
- Why money drives everything (but not in the way you might be thinking)
- What is actually needed for us to get our waters cleaned up
- The #1 priority for getting ourselves on the path to healthier waterways
- And much more!
Fighting For Fishing [PODCAST]
- The Science Behind Florida’s Water Quality Issues (State Of Denial)
- The Billion Oyster Project: The Quest For 1 Billion Oysters
Check out one of Capt. Benny’s episodes of Florida Sportsman Watermen below, which is a mix of conservation awareness and entertaining fishing show!
Florida Sportsman Watermen: Flip Pallot [VIDEO]
What a legend!
Be on the lookout for Capt. Benny’s new show, Guiding Flow, which will air in April of 2020 on Fox Sports and Waypoint.
If this conversation with Capt. Benny doesn’t get you fired up to take action and protect our waters, I don’t know what will!
Here’s how you can help:
- Become educated about what’s going on. Check out CaptainsForCleanWater.org, BonefishTarponTrust.org and EvergladesFoundation.org.
- Donate to and become a member of CaptainsForCleanWater.org
- Become involved in protecting our waters
If you want to keep up with Capt. Benny, the best place to do so is at his Instagram page here.
Have any questions about keeping our water clean?
Let me know in the comments below!
And please share this episode to help spread the movement of Captains For Clean Water!
P.S. Want the best local fishing spots, discounts on fishing gear, and to stay up to date with what and where the fish are biting right now? Join us in the Insider Club!
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).