How To Catch An Inshore Slam (When The Weather Blows)
You can’t change the weather but you can change how you fish in certain types of weather.
This year has been a tough one with all of the wind and storms.
But you can still make it happen on the water!
If you want to hear about the types of places we fish on super windy (and rainy) days to catch inshore slams (redfish, snook, trout, and flounder), then definitely listen in.
- Types of areas we typically fish on tough days
- How to fish on a super windy day
- The best lures to catch inshore slams
- Retrieval tips
- And much more.
Check it out below!
You can watch the video version of this podcast below (which I definitely recommend), listen to the audio version by clicking the play button underneath it, or listen to it on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify.
Catch Inshore Slams In Bad Weather [VIDEO]
Catch An Inshore Slam In Bad Weather [PODCAST]
- LIVE BAIT VS. SLAM SHADY: FLATS FISHING CASE STUDY
- HOW TO QUICKLY FIND INSHORE FISHING SPOTS (BASED ON TIDES & WIND)
Timestamped Table Of Contents:
- 0:20 – Slam Shady strikes again
- 1:19 – What areas to fish when it’s windy and rainy
- 1:59 – Mullet, mangroves, and oyster beds
- 2:08 – Weedless hooks will save your lure: Owner Weighted TwistLock Hooks
- 3:40 – Why we started flats fishing
- 5:40 – Pro tip for changing up your retrieve
- 6:20 – Catch more fish than mangroves
- 7:04 – This underwater footage shows how trout strike
- 8:35 – New colors of Slam Shady?
- 10:29 – Doubled Up
- 10:48 – When the wind is cranking, choose your spot wisely
- 13:20 – New exclusive perks to come for our Insider Community
- 17:08 – Wade fishing spots (where to go when you’re on vacation)
- 21:14 – The juice is loose
- 21:56 – The 3 B’s (Birds, bait, and boils)
- 23:54 – Coves and docks
- 25:12 – Pick up trash; it’s good karma
- 27:02 – Casting into the wind
- 29:46 – New boating courses coming soon
- 37:54 – We got our slam on the Shady!
Have you visited slamshady.com? Get your free pack of Slam Shady lures and the free mini-course on how to use them TODAY!
- Weighted Hook
You can’t always pick your day to go fishing.
Sometimes you just have to go when you can go, even in tough weather.
We’ve proven once again that you don’t need perfect conditions to catch an inshore slam!
Do you think 2021 might be the windiest start to a year, EVER?
Let me know down in the comments!
And if you know someone that keeps fishing through the wind and rain, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: