How To Catch Tailing Redfish, Black Drum, & Speckled Trout
It can be really frustrating to see tailing fish but they won’t bite.
You find them.
And they are not interested in what you’re offering.
So in this video, you’ll learn:
- Where to find tailing fish
- Why fish are tailing and what that means for you
- The best lures to use
- How to cast to tailing fish
- And much more
Check it out!
How To Catch Tailing Fish [VIDEO]
We reviewed a ton of information so here’s a timestamped table of contents:
- 0:57 – The golden hours of fishing during the summertime
- 1:26 – If these fish are tailing, it’s because they are feeding
- 2:06 – Tailing redfish on the flats are eating this
- 3:11 – Presentation is key when you find these fish
- 3:36 – What types of environments will you find tailing fish?
- 4:06 – Find the food, find the fish
- 5:46 – The depth of the water to find tailing fish
- 6:33 – Types of bottom to locate
- 7:53 – Colors of lures to use
- 9:07 – Where to cast for tailing fish
- 12:24 – Put your bait on their dinner plate
- 14:05 – What you do after your cast is really important
- 16:20 – The best retrieve to get tailing fish to strike
- 18:40 – A go-to lure for tailing fish
- 19:45 – Scent is really important
- 21:08 – Best hooks for your lures when you’re targeting tailing fish
- 23:26 – The size of your lure that works best
- 25:32 – Shrimp lures force you to slow down (that’s a good thing)
- 29:20 – Go light on leader line but not TOO light
- 30:45 – Success is preparation plus luck
Here are the lures, rattles, and scent we recommended:
- Slam Shady 2.0
- Gold Digger (Insider Only)
- Power Prawn
- Alabama Leprechaun
- Dr. Juice Saltwater Scent
- Battle Rattles
Presentation is key.
But there are so many other factors that go into being successful at catching tailing fish.
Have any other tactics for targeting tailing fish?
Do you like the “tea times” with our coaches?
Let me know down in the comments!
And if you know someone who wants the best chance at catching tailing fish, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: