Cranka Crab Review: Unboxing, Price, And Top Pros & Cons
One of my favorite ways to catch sheepshead is with artificial crab lures.
And since last winter, I’ve been on a mission to find out which one is best.
I’ve had a lot of success with the Savage Gear Crab and the Chasebaits Crusty Crab, but one lure that kept getting mentioned in the comments was the Cranka Crab.
I just picked one up since sheepshead season is around the corner and in this video, I’m going to share my initial thoughts on it.
There’s one huge factor that I believe will have a big impact on how well it performs on the water that you’ll definitely want to know about before you buy it.
Let’s dive in!
Cranka Crab Review [VIDEO]
Other crab lure reviews:
- SAVAGE GEAR CRAB REVIEW (PROS, CONS, RETRIEVE TIPS)
- CRAB LURE FOR SHEEPSHEAD REVIEW [CRUSTY CRAB BY CHASEBAITS]
Sheepshead love crab lures (you can see how effective they are in this video), and I love catching them on crab lures.
But not all crab lures are created equally.
Some are good for dropping along pilings, while others are better for dragging on sandy bottom near structure.
Before I test this Cranka Crab on the water and see how it does, I wanted to share my initial thoughts about it.
Here are the top pros and cons:
Cranka Crab Pros:
- Shell and legs are made of hard plastic so they won’t get torn up
- Looks very lifelike
Cranka Crab Cons:
- Has two treble hooks, which make it likely you’ll get snagged because sheepshead fishing is usually done near structure
- Price is $12-14 (much more expensive than the other two popular crab lures)
- Legs don’t flutter as much as the others
Crab Lure Pricing:
- Cranka Crab: $12-14 for one (Get it on Amazon here)
- Savage Gear Crab: $5.99 for a pack of two (Get it from our shop here)
- Chasebaits Crusty Crab: $11.99 for a pack of two (Get it from our shop here)
I’m excited to see how this Cranka Crab performs on the water, but I am nervous to throw such an expensive lure down under a dock with treble hooks on it.
Have you used this lure before?
What did you think?
Let me know down in the comments!
And if you know someone who’s considering buying this lure, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
- HOW TO CATCH SHEEPSHEAD WITHOUT LIVE BAIT (LIVE VIDEO)
- HOW TO CATCH SHEEPSHEAD (PLUS PDF CHEAT SHEET & CATCH CARD)
- HOW TO COOK SHEEPSHEAD (THE SIMPLE & DELICIOUS WAY)
Disclaimer: When you buy through links on our site, we sometimes earn affiliate commission from places like Amazon, Bass Pro, Tackle Warehouse, etc. It’s one more way we can help you quickly find the best deals on the web while making sure we’re still around to serve you for years to come (and you do want us to be around to help you catch fish for many more years, right)?
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: