Fishing On Windy Days: How To Use The Wind To Your Advantage
Just because the weather is bad doesn’t mean the fishing has to be!
We talked last week about how to find feeding inshore fish in bad weather, and we’re continuing the conversation with these tips on how to fish during windy days.
With just a few simple tricks, you can use the wind to your advantage and have a great day out on the water.
Watch the video below for the secrets on how to leverage the wind, plus see how I did this on a recent trip to catch a nice redfish.
How To Fish On Windy Days [VIDEO]
If you want to give yourself the best chance at catching fish, while not fighting with mother nature the whole time, follow these tips:
- Plan your trip with the wind. If the wind is coming from the north, start at the northernmost spot and drift down south to your other spots.
- Position your boat or kayak perpendicular to the wind, which will slow your drift down.
- Have a drift sock or drift anchor ready to slow your drift down even more if necessary.
- Use a push pole or trolling motor to guide your drift towards your target areas.
- Don’t forget to fish during the drifts between your target areas. That’s when I caught this nice red!
Have any questions about fishing in the wind?
Let us know in the comments below!
And if you want more detailed videos where we share our exact spots and strategies, check out our SUPER-Community here.
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: