The Truth About Fishing Tackle Shipping Costs (Behind The Scenes)
Want to go behind the scenes and see how tackle stores and big-box retailers are charging for shipping tackle?
We’ve had a ton of questions regarding how some of our shipping costs are so low while others (like shipping a fishing rod) can be so much.
So we decided to go behind the scenes to show you the exact costs for shipping everything from rods, reels, lures, chum, and more.
We also go into one of the ways that big-box retailers are overcharging on some items to be able to offer free shipping on others.
Check it out below!
You can watch the video version of this podcast below (which I highly recommend so you can see the breakdown of costs), listen to the audio version by clicking the play button underneath it, or listen to it on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify.
The Truth About Fishing Tackle Shipping Costs [VIDEO]
The Truth About Fishing Tackle Shipping Costs [PODCAST]
- STRIKE SPOTS: NEW TOOL THAT PREDICTS INSHORE FEEDING ZONES
- HOW TO FIND 90% OF ALL FEEDING FISH IN YOUR AREA (90/10 FISHING RULE)
You can follow the timestamped table of contents here:
- 0:56 – Being transparent about shipping costs in the tackle industry
- 1:38 – Amazon’s shipping cost increases 57% in one year
- 3:37 – Paying for shipping (& handling???)
- 4:27 – Insider pricing versus public pricing
- 5:26 – The shipping costs you’ll pay on our site
- 6:25 – Same lures online at a different tackle shop (see the shipping cost difference)
- 8:29 – Shipping reels (what it costs you and what it costs us)
- 9:34 – We’re open to listening to your feedback
- 10:09 – Options for changes that are best for you?
- 12:15 – You won’t believe what goes into shipping a fishing rod
- 14:39 – The rules for shipping big items
- 16:04 – Chum shipping costs and the future of our chum
- 18:35 – Our turnaround on shipping tackle and moving fulfillment in-house
- 20:39 – The ability to come pick up your tackle in Winter Haven
- 23:35 – Please send us some feedback on the shipping situation
- 25:56 – If you don’t want to post your suggestion public, please email us!
- 27:29 – We don’t charge for overhead, staffing, or packaging
With the rise in shipping costs (for all online retailers), we will continue to see changes in shipping policies for many online shops.
But we want to make sure our members help call the shots!
Do you have any feedback or suggestions on the shipping costs of tackle?
Let me know down in the comments!
And if you know an angler who is frustrated about shipping costs for their tackle, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: