Strike Spots: New Tool That Predicts Inshore Feeding Zones

How can you catch more fish in less time?

That’s our goal for you at Salt Strong and today, we’re introducing a new tool that can help you do that!

We’ve got TONS of reports in the Salt Strong Community with more coming every day, which is awesome!

But…

There are actually so many reports now that it can be hard to find exactly what you’re looking for.

salt strong reports map
Each pin above is a fishing report!

Let’s say you’re looking for just fall fishing reports.

The pins above show reports for all seasons, so you used to have to sort through each pin to find a relevant report.

But now, this new Strike Spots tool will make finding good spots much easier and faster!

Tune into this podcast to see how it can help you catch more fish and how to use it.

You can watch the video version of this podcast below (which I definitely recommend since you’ll see how to use the new tool), listen to the audio version by clicking the play button underneath it, or listen to it on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify.

P.S. Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify and leave us a review!

Strike Spots: Inshore Feeding Zone Predictor [VIDEO]

➡ Click here to join the Insider Club (and get access to Strike Spots)

Strike Spots: Inshore Feeding Zone Predictor [PODCAST]

salt strong podcast itunes

salt strong podcast stitcher

salt strong podcast spotify

Note: Don’t forget to subscribe to the Salt Strong podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify and leave us a review!

➡Click here to join the Insider Club

Related Podcasts:

How Strike Spots Can Help You Catch More Fish

The problem with spot maps is that they’re general and static.

And one of the newfound problems with the reports in our Insider Club is that there are so many to sort through to get the information you need.

Strike Spots solves both of those problems

It’s similar to a spot map in that it shows you which areas hold fish, but as you zoom in on the area, you’ll get individual reports from real anglers, data, and tips to help you know what the trends will be and how to catch fish there.

Also, you’ll set the date that you want to fish, so you’ll only get reports and tips for that time of year, as opposed to having to sift through reports and tips from all year long.

These reports and tips will let you quickly find feeding fish so you can catch more fish in less time.

How To Use Strike Spots

strike spots

If you’re an Insider, when you log into the Community, you can access Strike Spots from the menu on the top right.

The first step is to choose the date that you plan to fish (you can change the date on the top bar that says “Step 1”).

Then, you can zoom in on where you’d like to fish.

As you zoom, Strike Spots will update with more and more precise locations of where successful fishing trips have occurred during that time of year.

Once you’re zoomed in all the way, you can then click on individual spots and get the reports and tips from them.

Another cool thing about Strike Spots is the capability to adjust how much of the sonar map you’ll see.

Slide the bar on the top all the way to the left to make the sonar map disappear and only see the satellite image.

Slide it all the way to the right to see the sonar map and find hidden ledges or holes that you might not be able to find with satellite images alone.

How To Get Access To Strike Spots

Strike Spots is only available to our Insider members.

If you want access to Strike Spots plus access to:

• Insider Reports, where the Salt Strong fishing coaches film their trip and show you exactly where on the map they went, as well as what worked and what didn’t
  • Spot Dissections, where we break down a spot on the map and show you where the fish are likely to be and why, plus which spots to avoid if you don’t want to get skunked
  • The Insider Community, where over 16,000 anglers (including many fishing guides) are sharing their reports and tips and learning from each other. You’ll also get access to Luke, the other Salt Strong fishing coaches, and me in here.
  • Exclusive discounts to our online tackle store

Then click here to join us in the Insider Club!

Conclusion

redfish on popping corks

I’m so excited to share this new tool with you and I can’t wait to hear how it helps you catch more fish.

If you’re an Insider, you can click here to access Strike Spots.

And if you’re not, come join us!

You’ll get access to all of the awesome benefits mentioned in the section above, plus we have an unheard-of 365-day money-back guarantee, so if you’re not catching more fish in less time, you can easily cancel and get your money back.

Click here to join us in the Insider Club!

Have any questions about Strike Spots, or finding fishing spots in general?

Let us know down in the comments!

And if you know someone who wants to find more fishing spots, please TAG or SHARE this with them!

Mark Dignazio

Great new tool. Any way to have it open up to the region selected in the community? Every time I open it it’s showing Tampa Bay. As Jonathan says below, us members on the Upper TX coast need to keep reporting both good and bad days, and get some data into the tool so we al have more good days.

Andy Hong

Supercool!

One suggestion… can you make each quoted Tips & Tactics blurb into a live link, so we can jump right to the actual individual reports from the Strike Spots tool? For well-written reports, there’s a wealth of information that could be useful for people using Strike Spots.

Jonathan Getz

Appreciate y’all bros making this video to explain this new tool. Over time, we’ll get more reports and data over here on the TX upper coast. I’m especially excited about the quarterly localized reports coming soon.

Ferdinand Alsina

This seems like another great tool. Can’t wait to see it with all of the additions. Thank you for what you guys do for the community.

NICK IERULLI

Great addition to the already great platform!!!!

Brett Laws

Very cool new feature!!!!! A big thank you to the Salt Strong crew!
I totally agree with Pat And Gary, everyone needs to make their fishing reports as complete as possible. No need for anyone to keep a separate fishing log when we have this site.

Tim Foster

Joe/Luke
Guys, this is so cool!

Question.
I’ve tried sliding the transparency Navionics bar but it is fixed and won’t move. Am I doing something wrong?
Also, how far am I supposed to be able to zoom. I can zoom in farther with my fingers than using the + tab but loose the zoom when I remove my fingers???
Ideas.

Nick Pavone
Reply to  Tim Foster

Hey Tim, Since the tool is a general guideline (vs specific spots) it does limit the actual zoom level. Also for the slider, if you’re on mobile, just click where you want the slider to go and it will reposition to that spot.

Jonathan Getz
Reply to  Nick Pavone

Hey Nick, unfortunately we have a bug with the “Find the Nearest Strike Score” button for Texas and LA.

Craig Roser

I’m not getting an adjustable bar for changing the date! I can adjust Sonar Transparency.

Nick Pavone
Reply to  Craig Roser

hey Craig, You should see the calendar button to change the date. Just click the calendar Icon.

Art Heiter

90% of the fish are in 10% of the water so the saying goes. Won’t be long until that 10% of the water gets really crowded… Hahaha (Cool tool!)

Jason Austin

Headed to Atlantic Beach, NC for a week of fishing 10/18 and wasn’t sure how to make sense of all the info as a new member. This is just in time! Can’t wait to see if I can turn this info into fish in the boat next week and post my first fishing report to the community!

Vincent Sancho

Great tool! Can’t wait till you have filters for tide, wind, weather and fish in season. I noticed that when zooming in the red color disappears.
Thank you for making it easier for us to get tight lines. Please keep up the great work.

Jeffrey Honeycutt

I think this is such a brilliant new addition, so thank you! There’s just one thing I want to point out: I am color blind (red-green deficient, I do see colors just not quite the same) and the red is very difficult to see. Blue is always an easy one. Either way, love the new tool!!!

Nick Pavone

Great Idea Jeff! I’ll see if we can adjust those colors.

Paul Chancey

Looks awesome, doesn’t show up in my menu though.

Paul Chancey
Reply to  Joseph Simonds

Thanks for the reply Joe, I have a circle with the word menu and two horizontal lines at the top right of the page. Tried Chrome and Edge, maybe explorer will work.

Nick Pavone
Reply to  Paul Chancey

Hey Paul, Navigate to the community first and then you’ll see the option. It’s also listed under the Membership Table of Contents on your insider home page.

Paul Chancey
Reply to  Nick Pavone

Thanks Nick, that cleared it up, got the right menu in community.

Pat Ogletree

Good stuff Joe! It looks like the info is being pulled from the “Tips and Tactics” section of the reports. You might want to send a reminder to make sure to fill that section out when doing a report. I like that I don’t have to sift through all of the old reports to find relevant ones.

Stacy Heffner

I don’t see “strike spots” in my drop down menu??

Roger Beck

I haven’t checked my area yet but congrats for really putting in a ton of effort to keep us informed, help us become better on the water and form a truly awesome community of supporting folks on the water.

Gary Hartge

Just checked my area. I am the only report : ) It definitely shows that we all need to enter complete information (and accurate) Looks very promising! Thanks guys!

Sean Mac

So you’re telling me, people are posting their honey holes to you guys for you to tell the whole world about?? How about posting the bait, tackle….they used. That would be really useful!!!

Steven Rackas

Smart. I want to work for you guys! I think another helpful tip in this section would be to have a regulations area that shows what is in season and what the size limit is. I know in some areas of Florida there are differences. Also show a timeline continuum showing what fish will be coming in season and what they feed on and what fish will be going out of season in the near future.

Thomas Campbell

Well done guys!

These Flounder Fishing Tips Could Be The Best Ever!!!

Do you want to see one of the all-time best flounder rigs and techniques for catching flounder anywhere from shore, flats, or jigging? Then you've got to see this!

Must Know Catch and Release Fishing Tips For Saltwater Anglers

Catch and release fishing is a common term, yet many anglers do not properly practice it. This page describes how to properly take care of our release fish.

Top 5 Myths About How The “Jewfish” Got Its Name

Where did the name "jewfish" come from? Was it because one swallwed Jonah (a Jew)? Or one day someone misspelled jawfish? Check out the top 5 myths here.

The SECRET Redfish, Trout, & Snook Lure That Is Out-Fishing Live Bait