ROAD TRIP! Spanish Mackerel, Tripletail, Sharks, & Boats
It’s road trip time!!
My brother, Luke, and I were lucky enough to take a road trip down to the Florida Keys recently.
We got to hang out with Capt. Mark “HOLLYWOOOD” Johnson, catch a ton of fish, create lots of videos, and talk about our 2020 plans for Salt Strong.
The goal of the type of fishing we did was to just get tight lines.
Yes, we do love stalking bonefish and permit on the flats, but we’ve been getting lots of questions from people who just want to catch loads of fish, especially from people who are fishing with kids or other family members who don’t really care what they catch.
We mainly focused on Spanish mackerel and sharks, but we also ran into a bunch of tripletail.
In this podcast episode, Luke and I are coming to you live from the truck on the way home to share the whole story of the trip, including:
- Advantages and disadvantages of live shrimp vs. lures
- Spanish mackerel catching, cleaning and cooking tips
- What it’s like to live on a houseboat for a few days
- Tripletail fishing tips
- The equipment we used to catch sharks (even an 8-foot angry hammerhead!)
- An interesting alternative to typical frozen shrimp for bait
And much more!
Roadtripping For Macks & Sharks [PODCAST]
- SMART FISHING TIDES (New Tide Tool Predicts Best Fishing Times)
- Tips For Inshore Gag Grouper & Quick Ways To Know If A Flat Has Redfish
We had such an awesome time down in the Keys and I can’t wait to share all of the videos we created with you.
If you want to book a trip with Capt. Johnson’s fleet and get on some sharks and Spanish mackerel like we did, you can check them out at FloridaKeysFunFishing.com.
One thing I mentioned several times in the podcast was Lunker Dog’s podcast about turtle hunting.
Absolutely recommend you take a listen, and you can listen to it here.
We’re going to be doing a lot more traveling and fishing in 2020.
What species or places would you like us to cover?
And finally, if you haven’t joined us in the Insider Club, what are you waiting on?!
You’ll get the best and most up-to-date fishing tips and spots, you’ll get a couple of shots to win a fishing trip with Luke and me, and you’ll save tons of money on fishing stuff you’re probably already buying with our exclusive discounts.
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: