Tips For Inshore Gag Grouper & Quick Ways To Know If A Flat Has Redfish
By: Joseph Simonds on December 17, 2019
“Where do you see yourself in 10 years?”
If you had asked yourself that 10 years ago, would you be where you are now?
For most of us, the answer is probably no.
But when Capt. Tyler Kapela was asked that his freshman year of college, guess what his answer was?
“I want to be a fishing guide and host my own TV show.”
And now, he’s a fishing guide and hosts his own TV show!
Capt. Tyler is a guide in the St. Petersburg, FL, area and is the host of Discovering Water on the Discovery Channel.
In this interview, Capt. Tyler shares
- How he accomplished his dream job
- The future of fishing shows (lots of change coming these next 5-10 years!)
- How to catch inshore gag grouper this winter (best baits, lures, tackle, depth, etc)
- His favorite time to catch gator trout and how he does it
- Some of the most common mistakes he sees inexperienced fishermen make (that you’re probably making, too)
- His favorite live bait and artificial lures right after a cold front
Capt. Tyler Kapela On Fishing & Life [PODCAST]
- Z-Man: Mark Zona On Life, Liberty, & The Pursuit Of Big Fish
- How To Get Paid To Fish In College (Legally) With Tyler Anderson
Discovering Water: Pura Vida [VIDEO]
Big marlin, good food, mountains, and jungles… what an episode!
What an awesome interview!
Tyler had the perfect mix of inspiring stories and helpful fishing tips.
If you want to book a trip with Capt. Tyler you can reach him at the links below:
- On Instagram @Captain_Tyler_Kapela
- His personal Facebook page
- Hit And Run Fishing Charters on Facebook
- Call or text him to book a trip at 727-421-1051
The second season of his show will start filming soon and will air on Sunday mornings at 8:30 am on the Discovery Channel in the summer or fall of 2020, but you can watch previous episodes on the Discovery Go App, Amazon Prime, and Discovering Water’s YouTube channel.
Have any questions about Capt. Tyler and his journey?
Let us know in the comments below!
And if you know someone who would love to make a living in the fishing industry, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want the best local fishing spots and real-time updates on when and where the fish are biting? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).