How To Transition From Bass Fishing To Inshore Saltwater Fishing
By: Joseph Simonds on March 12, 2020
Were you a bass angler before you started saltwater fishing?
Luke and I were, and it seems like the majority of the guests I bring on the podcast started out freshwater fishing.
It makes sense, as most of us could ride our bikes to the nearest pond when we were kids and fell in love with fishing there.
But eventually, most of us heard about saltwater fishing, or a friend or family member brought us to the salt, and a whole new world was opened up.
New species, different fish, BIGGER fish, new and different challenges…
When you’re first making that transition, it can be tough at first.
Do you use the same lures?
Do you use the same equipment?
Do the fish behave the same way?
Where do you find the fish?
Tony made the switch from being a freshwater-only angler to a saltwater angler just a few years ago and in this podcast, he’s sharing some awesome tips to help you make that transition, too.
- What he wished he knew when he first started saltwater fishing
- The myths about saltwater fishing compared to freshwater fishing that turned out to be false (and which ones were true)
- The differences between bass vs. redfish, snook, and trout (where and how to catch them, what to catch them on, etc.)
- What equipment you need for saltwater fishing that’s different from the stuff you need for freshwater fishing
And much more!
Freshwater vs. Saltwater Fishing [PODCAST]
- Why Most Saltwater Anglers FAIL (The Top Mistake)
- How To Catch 24X More Inshore Saltwater Fish (Easy 10-Minute System)
Whether you’re just about to get into saltwater fishing, or you’re a saltwater veteran, I hope you got a lot out of Tony sharing his story of going from a bass angler to becoming a great saltwater angler.
Have any questions about freshwater vs. saltwater fishing?
Let me know in the comments below!
And if you know someone who is making this change, or is thinking about it, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to the best fishing spots, tips, and exclusive gear and discounts? Click here to join us and +12,000 other anglers in the Insider Club!
Stop Wasting Time On The Water!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing exactly where you should fish ever trip
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in your area
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).