HeadlockZ Jig Head Review: Pros, Cons, & Rigging Tips
By: Tony Acevedo on May 14, 2020
In this video, we’re going to be talking about HeadlockZ jig heads.
These are heavy-duty jig heads made to be paired up with Z-Man’s stretchy ElaZtech material.
I’ll share the top pros and cons I’ve noticed with these jig heads, as well as show you how to rig lures on them.
Let’s dive in!
P.S. We are not sponsored by Z-Man, TT Lures, or any other company, so you can be sure this is an unbiased review.
HeadlockZ Jig Head Review [VIDEO]
Before we get into how to rig lures on these jig heads, let’s talk about the pros and cons.
- The eye is on top of the jig head, which is good because when you retrieve paddletails with a straight retrieve, it allows the lure to swim evenly in the water.
- The hook keeper does a good job at keeping the lure in place
- Comes in large sizes, so it pairs well with large lures
- May not good for other lure brands besides Z-Man because the keeper is bulky and will tear up lures not made of ElaZtech
- Sometimes the tail can get tangled up on hook (but this can happen with all jig heads and paddletails)
How To Rig Lures On The HeadlockZ Jig Head
When rigging lures on the HeadlockZ jig head, like any other hook or jig head, you want the bait to end be straight once it’s rigged up.
To do that, make push the hook point right through the middle of the nose of the bait.
And as you’re pushing the hook through the body of the lure, make sure that the hook stays in the center, otherwise the bait can end up crooked on the hook.
When you push the hook through the top of the lure, try not to push it out too close to the front or too far back so that it ends up straight.
Now the good thing about the Z-Man DieZel MinnowZ is that it has dorsal fins, which let you know exactly where the center of the bait is.
When you bring the hook out of the top of the lure, bring it out between the dorsal fins so you know it’s centered correctly.
How To Get 20% Off Of These Jig Heads
We have these jig heads on our online tackle store, but if you want to get 20% off, become an Insider!
As an Insider, you’ll get 20% off of these jig heads for life, as well as all of the other products we have, such as rods, reels, sunglasses, lures, and more.
You’ll also get our best fishing spots and tips.
If you’re looking for a heavy-duty jig head to pair with your Z-Man lures, the HeadlockZ is a good choice.
Rig baits on it just like any other jig head and the hook keeper will keep it in place.
However, if you’re going to be using lure brands besides Z-Man, you might want to try another jig head because it may easily tear them up.
Have any questions about this jig head?
Have you used it before?
Let me know in the comments below.
You’ll get 20% off for life, as well as our best fishing spots and tips.
Stop Wasting Time On The Water!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing exactly where you should fish ever trip
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in your area
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).