How To Catch Big Tarpon On Cut Bait (LIVE Tarpon Fight)
This was one wild ride!
If you like the thrill of battling big tarpon, then you’re going to love this video.
We were down in the Keys fishing with Capt. Mark “Hollywood” Johnson when we hooked into a 150-pound tarpon.
It absolutely whupped me, but we got it all on film and the whole time Hollywood was coaching me through the fight.
If you’ve ever wondered what to do if tarpon aren’t eating live bait, how to land a tarpon without it breaking you off, and where and when to catch tarpon, then you can’t miss this video.
Check it out below!
You can watch the video version of this podcast below (which I definitely recommend), listen to the audio version by clicking the play button underneath it, or listen to it on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify.
Tarpon Fishing With Cut Bait [VIDEO]
Tarpon Fishing With Cut Bait [PODCAST]
- WHAT NOT TO DO WHEN USING TOPWATER LURES (LIVE FISHING TRIP)
- LIVE BAIT UNDERWATER STUDY (SHOCKING RESULTS)
Timestamped Table Of Contents:
- 0:01 – Tarpon On!
- 0:30 – The switch from live bait to cut bait
- 1:30 – Check out Joe’s tarpon reel
- 3:02 – This tarpon fight is intense
- 4:27 – A very common mistake that anglers make is…
- 5:55 – Every breath that the tarpon gets is like drinking a red bull
- 6:12 – Successful technique to landing a big tarpon
- 7:28 – Do this when the tarpon gets close to the boat
- 7:53 – This is when you need to tighten the drag down
- 11:14 – Write down this moment in history: Joe is speechless
- 12:08 – The pros and cons of using cut bait for tarpon
- 13:41 – You better eat your Wheaties
- 13:54 – The biggest reason to palm the spool
- 15:28 – Grab the mono not the braid, here’s why
- 19:39 – A tarpon that does not jump will fight to the death
- 21:10 – How to position yourself on the boat during a tarpon fight
- 25:37 – Joe is definitely earning this catch
- 29:17 – Listen in as Capt. Hollywood does what he does best: making dreams come true!
If you really want to get in on the action, book your trip with Florida Keys Fun Fishing here.
Fighting big tarpon is a battle that you better come prepared for…
They’re big, strong, and will fight to the death.
But as long as you’ve got the right gear and break their spirit by wearing them down quickly, you’ll be able to safely land and release them.
Have any questions about catching big tarpon?
Let me know down in the comments!
If you know someone that wants to catch a BIG tarpon this year, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
And if you’re in the Keys and want to go out with Capt. Hollywood and his crew, you can find them at FloridaKeysFunFishing.com.
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: